unofficial mirror of bug-guix@gnu.org 
 help / color / mirror / Atom feed
* bug#47760: guix pull: error: You found a bug
@ 2021-04-13 20:15 Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix
  2021-04-16 20:38 ` Ludovic Courtès
  2021-09-05 15:54 ` bug#47760: Daemon fails to create build environment when /etc/nsswitch.conf is missing András Vöröskői
  0 siblings, 2 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix @ 2021-04-13 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 47760

applying 3 grafts for 
/gnu/store/cdnrvbr03nhg8ly1msi65lz4m8k5l3cl-curl-7.76.0.drv ...
building /gnu/store/lam6h0qnr7bj7mr5hlix4glnf5f2wymk-zip-3.0.drv...
Backtrace:
           13 (primitive-load 
"/gnu/store/cb3nbg7bw5g483i71qs62jv1vy0gg00z-compute-guix-derivation")
In ice-9/eval.scm:
     155:9 12 (_ _)
     159:9 11 (_ #(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#(#<directory (guile-u?> 
?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?) ?))
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
     152:2 10 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
     152:2  9 (with-fluid* _ _ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   2066:24  8 (run-with-store #<store-connection 256.99 7f8c78b4ebe0> _ 
#:guile-for-build _ #:system _ #:target _)
    1900:8  7 (_ _)
In ./guix/gexp.scm:
    256:18  6 (_ _)
    1137:2  5 (_ _)
    1003:2  4 (_ _)
     849:4  3 (_ _)
In ./guix/store.scm:
   1948:12  2 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f8c78b4ebe0>)
    1362:5  1 (map/accumulate-builds #<store-connection 256.99 
7f8c78b4ebe0> _ _)
   1373:15  0 (_ #<store-connection 256.99 7f8c78b4ebe0> _ _)

./guix/store.scm:1373:15: ERROR:
   1. &store-protocol-error:
       message: "while setting up the build environment: getting 
attributes of path `/etc/nsswitch.conf': No such file or directory"
       status: 1
guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program 
'/gnu/store/cb3nbg7bw5g483i71qs62jv1vy0gg00z-compute-guix-derivation'
failed to compute the derivation for Guix (version: 
"82543e9649da2da9a5285ede4ec4f718fd740fcb"; system: "x86_64-linux";
host version: "1.2.0"; pull-version: 1).
Please report it by email to <bug-guix@gnu.org>





^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* bug#47760: guix pull: error: You found a bug
  2021-04-13 20:15 bug#47760: guix pull: error: You found a bug Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix
@ 2021-04-16 20:38 ` Ludovic Courtès
  2021-04-19  1:20   ` Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix
  2021-09-05 15:54 ` bug#47760: Daemon fails to create build environment when /etc/nsswitch.conf is missing András Vöröskői
  1 sibling, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2021-04-16 20:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikko Räsänen; +Cc: 47760

Hi,

Mikko Räsänen <mikko@a22.dk> skribis:

> applying 3 grafts for
> /gnu/store/cdnrvbr03nhg8ly1msi65lz4m8k5l3cl-curl-7.76.0.drv ...
> building /gnu/store/lam6h0qnr7bj7mr5hlix4glnf5f2wymk-zip-3.0.drv...
> Backtrace:

[...]

> ./guix/store.scm:1373:15: ERROR:
>   1. &store-protocol-error:
>       message: "while setting up the build environment: getting
> attributes of path `/etc/nsswitch.conf': No such file or directory"
>       status: 1
> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program

It looks as though /etc/nsswitch.conf disappeared while ‘guix pull’ was
running.  Could it be what happened?

The daemon currently assumes that this file exists.  We could remove
that assumption since I think glibc is happy when it doesn’t exist, but
that still looks weird.

Thanks,
Ludo’.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* bug#47760: guix pull: error: You found a bug
  2021-04-16 20:38 ` Ludovic Courtès
@ 2021-04-19  1:20   ` Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix
  2021-04-19 14:16     ` Maxime Devos
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 5+ messages in thread
From: Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix @ 2021-04-19  1:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: 47760

I have no idea what happened. Only that I was encouraged to send the bug 
report - so I did.

On 2021-04-16 22:38, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Mikko Räsänen <mikko@a22.dk> skribis:
>
>> applying 3 grafts for
>> /gnu/store/cdnrvbr03nhg8ly1msi65lz4m8k5l3cl-curl-7.76.0.drv ...
>> building /gnu/store/lam6h0qnr7bj7mr5hlix4glnf5f2wymk-zip-3.0.drv...
>> Backtrace:
> [...]
>
>> ./guix/store.scm:1373:15: ERROR:
>>    1. &store-protocol-error:
>>        message: "while setting up the build environment: getting
>> attributes of path `/etc/nsswitch.conf': No such file or directory"
>>        status: 1
>> guix pull: error: You found a bug: the program
> It looks as though /etc/nsswitch.conf disappeared while ‘guix pull’ was
> running.  Could it be what happened?
>
> The daemon currently assumes that this file exists.  We could remove
> that assumption since I think glibc is happy when it doesn’t exist, but
> that still looks weird.
>
> Thanks,
> Ludo’.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* bug#47760: guix pull: error: You found a bug
  2021-04-19  1:20   ` Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix
@ 2021-04-19 14:16     ` Maxime Devos
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: Maxime Devos @ 2021-04-19 14:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mikko Räsänen, Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: 47760

[-- Attachment #1: Type: text/plain, Size: 554 bytes --]

> On 2021-04-16 22:38, Ludovic Courtès wrote:
> > [...]
> > It looks as though /etc/nsswitch.conf disappeared while ‘guix pull’ was
> > running.  Could it be what happened?

Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix schreef op ma 19-04-2021 om 03:20 [+0200]:
> I have no idea what happened. Only that I was encouraged to send the bug 
> report - so I did.

Does the file /etc/nsswitch.conf exist on your system?
Also, what distribution are you using?  Guix System, or a foreign distro
like Debian, Fedora, ...?

Greetings,
Maxime.

[-- Attachment #2: This is a digitally signed message part --]
[-- Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 260 bytes --]

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

* bug#47760: Daemon fails to create build environment when /etc/nsswitch.conf is missing
  2021-04-13 20:15 bug#47760: guix pull: error: You found a bug Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix
  2021-04-16 20:38 ` Ludovic Courtès
@ 2021-09-05 15:54 ` András Vöröskői
  1 sibling, 0 replies; 5+ messages in thread
From: András Vöröskői @ 2021-09-05 15:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 47760

Hi,

I can confirm this issue on a foreign install with alpine base. Alpine
do not provide /etc/nsswitch.conf file by default, I have found plenty
docker/go issues about it. I think alpine should provide this file,
OTOH guix-daemon should not fail just because this one is missing.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 5+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2021-09-05 17:58 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 5+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2021-04-13 20:15 bug#47760: guix pull: error: You found a bug Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix
2021-04-16 20:38 ` Ludovic Courtès
2021-04-19  1:20   ` Mikko Räsänen via Bug reports for GNU Guix
2021-04-19 14:16     ` Maxime Devos
2021-09-05 15:54 ` bug#47760: Daemon fails to create build environment when /etc/nsswitch.conf is missing András Vöröskői

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for NNTP newsgroup(s).