unofficial mirror of bug-guix@gnu.org 
 help / color / mirror / code / Atom feed
* bug#26907: guix import (really: SSL) broken in different ways
@ 2017-05-13 10:01 Danny Milosavljevic
  2017-05-13 14:37 ` Ludovic Courtès
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Danny Milosavljevic @ 2017-05-13 10:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 26907

So after I installed the huge update from master, it seems that guix import doesn't work anymore (the cwd is a guix master checkout):

(1) Normal:

$ ./pre-inst-env guix import pypi flask-migrate
...
In guix/import/pypi.scm:
   278:17  5 (pypi->guix-package _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    837:9  4 (catch srfi-34 #<procedure 2b12300 at guix/import/json?> ?)
In guix/import/json.scm:
    32:17  3 (_)
In guix/http-client.scm:
   239:25  2 (http-fetch _ #:port _ #:text? _ #:buffered? _ # _ # _ # ?)
In guix/build/download.scm:
    520:4  1 (open-connection-for-uri _ #:timeout _ # _)
    360:0  0 (tls-wrap #<input-output: socket 14> "pypi.python.org" # ?)

guix/build/download.scm:360:0: In procedure tls-wrap:
guix/build/download.scm:360:0: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: make-session

(2) In an environment:

$ guix environment guix --fallback --pure
$ ./pre-inst-env guix import pypi flask-migrate
...
In guix/import/pypi.scm:
   278:17  5 (pypi->guix-package _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    837:9  4 (catch srfi-34 #<procedure 1e971a0 at guix/import/json?> ?)
In guix/import/json.scm:
    32:17  3 (_)
In guix/http-client.scm:
   239:25  2 (http-fetch _ #:port _ #:text? _ #:buffered? _ # _ # _ # ?)
In guix/build/download.scm:
    520:4  1 (open-connection-for-uri _ #:timeout _ # _)
    417:6  0 (tls-wrap #<closed: file 1069af0> _ # _)

guix/build/download.scm:417:6: In procedure tls-wrap:
guix/build/download.scm:417:6: X.509 certificate of 'pypi.python.org' could not be verified:
  signer-not-found
  invalid

(2b) In an environment with guile-json:

$ guix environment guix --fallback --pure --ad-hoc guile-json
$ ./pre-inst-env guix import pypi flask-migrate
...

ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
ERROR: no code for module (json)

(3) In a container:

$ guix environment -C guix --fallback --pure --ad-hoc guile-json
$ ./pre-inst-env guix import pypi flask-migrate
...
In guix/import/pypi.scm:
   278:17  7 (pypi->guix-package _)
In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
    837:9  6 (catch srfi-34 #<procedure 4dac340 at guix/import/json?> ?)
In guix/import/json.scm:
    32:17  5 (_)
In guix/http-client.scm:
   239:25  4 (http-fetch _ #:port _ #:text? _ #:buffered? _ # _ # _ # ?)
In guix/build/download.scm:
    520:4  3 (open-connection-for-uri _ #:timeout _ # _)
   521:14  2 (thunk)
    460:7  1 (open-socket-for-uri _ #:timeout _)
In unknown file:
           0 (getaddrinfo "pypi.python.org" "https" 32 #<undefined> # ?)

ERROR: In procedure getaddrinfo:
ERROR: In procedure getaddrinfo: Servname not supported for ai_socktype

(4) For reference, the guix-pulled version works:

$ cd /
$ guix import pypi flask-migrate
following redirection to `https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Flask-Migrate/json'...

Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.lHkpNj
From https://pypi.python.org/packages/a9/fe/559c313679b08f67efb9fba6f01debbc9ea3a488539d03a5a38371351456/Flask-Migrate-2.0.3.tar.gz...
 ...-2.0.3.tar.gz  15KiB            170KiB/s 00:00 [####################] 100.0%
(package
...

Maybe I need to logout and login again?  Will test that later - but right now I just wanted to log the errors.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* bug#26907: guix import (really: SSL) broken in different ways
  2017-05-13 10:01 bug#26907: guix import (really: SSL) broken in different ways Danny Milosavljevic
@ 2017-05-13 14:37 ` Ludovic Courtès
  2022-01-11  5:16   ` Leo Famulari
  0 siblings, 1 reply; 3+ messages in thread
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2017-05-13 14:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Danny Milosavljevic; +Cc: 26907

Hi Danny,

Danny Milosavljevic <dannym@scratchpost.org> skribis:

> So after I installed the huge update from master, it seems that guix import doesn't work anymore (the cwd is a guix master checkout):
>
> (1) Normal:
>
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix import pypi flask-migrate
> ...
> In guix/import/pypi.scm:
>    278:17  5 (pypi->guix-package _)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>     837:9  4 (catch srfi-34 #<procedure 2b12300 at guix/import/json?> ?)
> In guix/import/json.scm:
>     32:17  3 (_)
> In guix/http-client.scm:
>    239:25  2 (http-fetch _ #:port _ #:text? _ #:buffered? _ # _ # _ # ?)
> In guix/build/download.scm:
>     520:4  1 (open-connection-for-uri _ #:timeout _ # _)
>     360:0  0 (tls-wrap #<input-output: socket 14> "pypi.python.org" # ?)
>
> guix/build/download.scm:360:0: In procedure tls-wrap:
> guix/build/download.scm:360:0: In procedure module-lookup: Unbound variable: make-session

GnuTLS is not installed.  It’s now a mandatory dependency and
./configure checks for it.

Note that if you use Guile 2.2, you need to install “guile2.2-gnutls”
rather than just “gnutls”.

> (2) In an environment:
>
> $ guix environment guix --fallback --pure
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix import pypi flask-migrate
> ...
> In guix/import/pypi.scm:
>    278:17  5 (pypi->guix-package _)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>     837:9  4 (catch srfi-34 #<procedure 1e971a0 at guix/import/json?> ?)
> In guix/import/json.scm:
>     32:17  3 (_)
> In guix/http-client.scm:
>    239:25  2 (http-fetch _ #:port _ #:text? _ #:buffered? _ # _ # _ # ?)
> In guix/build/download.scm:
>     520:4  1 (open-connection-for-uri _ #:timeout _ # _)
>     417:6  0 (tls-wrap #<closed: file 1069af0> _ # _)
>
> guix/build/download.scm:417:6: In procedure tls-wrap:
> guix/build/download.scm:417:6: X.509 certificate of 'pypi.python.org' could not be verified:
>   signer-not-found
>   invalid

See “X.509 Certificates” in the manual.  :-)

> (2b) In an environment with guile-json:
>
> $ guix environment guix --fallback --pure --ad-hoc guile-json
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix import pypi flask-migrate
> ...
>
> ERROR: In procedure scm-error:
> ERROR: no code for module (json)

If you use Guile 2.2, you need “guile2.2-json”, not “guile-json”.

> (3) In a container:
>
> $ guix environment -C guix --fallback --pure --ad-hoc guile-json
> $ ./pre-inst-env guix import pypi flask-migrate
> ...
> In guix/import/pypi.scm:
>    278:17  7 (pypi->guix-package _)
> In ice-9/boot-9.scm:
>     837:9  6 (catch srfi-34 #<procedure 4dac340 at guix/import/json?> ?)
> In guix/import/json.scm:
>     32:17  5 (_)
> In guix/http-client.scm:
>    239:25  4 (http-fetch _ #:port _ #:text? _ #:buffered? _ # _ # _ # ?)
> In guix/build/download.scm:
>     520:4  3 (open-connection-for-uri _ #:timeout _ # _)
>    521:14  2 (thunk)
>     460:7  1 (open-socket-for-uri _ #:timeout _)
> In unknown file:
>            0 (getaddrinfo "pypi.python.org" "https" 32 #<undefined> # ?)
>
> ERROR: In procedure getaddrinfo:
> ERROR: In procedure getaddrinfo: Servname not supported for ai_socktype

In addition to -C, you need -N for network access.

> (4) For reference, the guix-pulled version works:
>
> $ cd /
> $ guix import pypi flask-migrate
> following redirection to `https://pypi.python.org/pypi/Flask-Migrate/json'...
>
> Starting download of /tmp/guix-file.lHkpNj
> From https://pypi.python.org/packages/a9/fe/559c313679b08f67efb9fba6f01debbc9ea3a488539d03a5a38371351456/Flask-Migrate-2.0.3.tar.gz...
>  ...-2.0.3.tar.gz  15KiB            170KiB/s 00:00 [####################] 100.0%
> (package
> ...
>
> Maybe I need to logout and login again?  Will test that later - but right now I just wanted to log the errors.

I think you stumbled upon a mixture of poor error reporting,
misconfiguration, and overall a situation where there are many ways to
shoot oneself in the foot.

HTH!

Ludo’.

^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

* bug#26907: guix import (really: SSL) broken in different ways
  2017-05-13 14:37 ` Ludovic Courtès
@ 2022-01-11  5:16   ` Leo Famulari
  0 siblings, 0 replies; 3+ messages in thread
From: Leo Famulari @ 2022-01-11  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: 26907-done

The pypi importer does currently work so I'm closing this old bug.




^ permalink raw reply	[flat|nested] 3+ messages in thread

end of thread, other threads:[~2022-01-11  5:17 UTC | newest]

Thread overview: 3+ messages (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2017-05-13 10:01 bug#26907: guix import (really: SSL) broken in different ways Danny Milosavljevic
2017-05-13 14:37 ` Ludovic Courtès
2022-01-11  5:16   ` Leo Famulari

Code repositories for project(s) associated with this inbox:

	https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/guix.git

This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).