* bug#59292: libreoffice password protection doesn't work
@ 2022-11-16 1:08 Maxim Cournoyer
0 siblings, 0 replies; only message in thread
From: Maxim Cournoyer @ 2022-11-16 1:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
When password-protecting (encrypting) a file with LibreOffice, it fails
silently, leaving the file unprotected (!).
1. Launch Calc with 'libreoffice --calc'.
2. Input something in the first cell.
3. Select File -> Save As. At the bottom left of the dialog box, make
sure to tick the "Save with password" box. Give it a name,
e.g. very-secret.ods, then click on "Save".
4. Enter a dummy password, such as 1234.
5. Quit LibreOffice Calc.
6. Open the assumed protected file, with 'libreoffice --calc
very-secret.ods'. Notice the file is open without any password.
No output is printed at the console, and if you have an truly
password-encrypted file, it won't be able to open it.
^ permalink raw reply [flat|nested] only message in thread
only message in thread, other threads:[~2022-11-16 1:09 UTC | newest]
Thread overview: (only message) (download: mbox.gz / follow: Atom feed)
-- links below jump to the message on this page --
2022-11-16 1:08 bug#59292: libreoffice password protection doesn't work Maxim Cournoyer
Code repositories for project(s) associated with this public inbox
This is a public inbox, see mirroring instructions
for how to clone and mirror all data and code used for this inbox;
as well as URLs for read-only IMAP folder(s) and NNTP newsgroup(s).