unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Catching error from gh_ function
@ 2002-06-09 11:14 Hilaire Fernandes
From: Hilaire Fernandes @ 2002-06-09 11:14 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

How to catch error emitted within gh_ procedure

I want to catch error as:
ERROR: In procedure gh_scm2double:
ERROR: Wrong type argument: 0.732720803902192+3.14159265358979i

It looks like I should use scm_internal_catch or scm_lazy_catch but I did not find
documentation about that. Just example code in available application will
be enought to help me.

Thanks

Hilaire

* Re: Catching error from gh_ function
@ 2002-06-26 16:54 ` Dirk Herrmann
From: Dirk Herrmann @ 2002-06-26 16:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-user

> How to catch error emitted within gh_ procedure
>
> I want to catch error as:
> ERROR: In procedure gh_scm2double:
> ERROR: Wrong type argument: 0.732720803902192+3.14159265358979i
>
> It looks like I should use scm_internal_catch or scm_lazy_catch but I did not find
> documentation about that. Just example code in available application will
> be enought to help me.

Sorry for answering late.  However, I don't have good examples for you,
but I suggest to look for uses of scm_internal_catch within guile itself.
For example, in environments.c there is some code using it, also in
numbers.c and some other places.

If you still have difficulties to understand it, tell me and I will go and
try to write something up - it is some time ago since I used that
function.  If, however, you figure it out, it would be nice if you could
submit some documentation for it.

Thanks,
Dirk Herrmann