unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* London Guix meetup
@ 2023-06-13 22:27 Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2023-06-13 22:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, guile-user; +Cc: Fabio Natali, Christopher Baines

Hi all,

We are organizing a casual Guix meetup in London. There is no specific
agenda. The intention is for Guix users and would-be Guix users in
London to get to know each other, and to put faces to names. No prior
experience with Guix (or Guile) is necessary. Newcomers are very
welcome!

Date: Tuesday, June 27 6–9 pm BST
Location: Barbican Centre, Silk Street, EC2Y 8DS, London
Mobilizon page:
https://mobilizon.fr/events/f18da336-07f5-489f-ae7c-394458668cea

Looking forward to meeting many of you for a pleasant summer's evening
by the fountains at the Barbican Centre! We will provide more exact
instructions on how to find us at the venue as we get closer to the date
of the event.

The date and time are almost confirmed, but we can nudge it a little if
you reply quickly (say, within a couple of days).

Regards,
Arun

* RE: London Guix meetup
@ 2023-06-14  0:04 ` phil
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: phil @ 2023-06-14  0:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 'Arun Isaac', guix-devel, guile-user
  Cc: 'Fabio Natali', 'Christopher Baines'

Excellent - I'll pass this on to various Guix users I know in London!

Date: Tuesday, June 27 6–9 pm BST

@ 2023-06-14  6:29 ` James Crake-Merani
From: James Crake-Merani @ 2023-06-14  6:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi,

I would've loved to have been able to make this but unfortunately I'm
home from university, and I'm currently in the North East of England so
I can't justify the travel. However, if there are more events like this
in the future then I'm certainly interested. I'm normally based in
Cardiff so it would only take me a couple of hours by train I think to
get to London.

Thanks,
James Crake-Merani.

On 13/06/2023 23:27, Arun Isaac wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are organizing a casual Guix meetup in London. There is no specific
> agenda. The intention is for Guix users and would-be Guix users in
> London to get to know each other, and to put faces to names. No prior
> experience with Guix (or Guile) is necessary. Newcomers are very
> welcome!
>
> Date: Tuesday, June 27 6–9 pm BST
> Location: Barbican Centre, Silk Street, EC2Y 8DS, London
> Mobilizon page:
> https://mobilizon.fr/events/f18da336-07f5-489f-ae7c-394458668cea
>
> Looking forward to meeting many of you for a pleasant summer's evening
> by the fountains at the Barbican Centre! We will provide more exact
> instructions on how to find us at the venue as we get closer to the date
> of the event.
>
> The date and time are almost confirmed, but we can nudge it a little if
> you reply quickly (say, within a couple of days).
>
> Regards,
> Arun

* Re: London Guix meetup
@ 2023-06-14  8:03   ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2023-06-14  8:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: James Crake-Merani, guile-user

> However, if there are more events like this in the future then I'm
> certainly interested.

We can organize more such events for sure! :-)

* Re: London Guix meetup
@ 2023-06-14  9:28 ` indieterminacy
From: indieterminacy @ 2023-06-14  9:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-user, Fabio Natali, Christopher Baines

On 14-06-2023 00:27, Arun Isaac wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> We are organizing a casual Guix meetup in London. There is no specific
> agenda. The intention is for Guix users and would-be Guix users in
> London to get to know each other, and to put faces to names. No prior
> experience with Guix (or Guile) is necessary. Newcomers are very
> welcome!
>
> Date: Tuesday, June 27 6–9 pm BST
> Location: Barbican Centre, Silk Street, EC2Y 8DS, London
> Mobilizon page:
> https://mobilizon.fr/events/f18da336-07f5-489f-ae7c-394458668cea
>
> Looking forward to meeting many of you for a pleasant summer's evening
> by the fountains at the Barbican Centre! We will provide more exact
> instructions on how to find us at the venue as we get closer to the
> date
> of the event.
>
> The date and time are almost confirmed, but we can nudge it a little if
> you reply quickly (say, within a couple of days).
>
> Regards,
> Arun

Guix, Barbican, Mobilizon, thats exuding far too much class :)

Cant make it over but enjoy the chance to lock horns!

--
Jonathan McHugh
indieterminacy@libre.brussels

* Re: London Guix meetup
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2023-06-26 18:21 ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2023-06-26 18:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, guile-user; +Cc: Fabio Natali, Christopher Baines

Hi all,

Just a quick reminder for tomorrow's Guix meetup at the
Barbican. Looking forward to seeing many of you! :-)

Date: Tuesday, June 27 6–9 pm BST
Location: Barbican Centre, Silk Street, EC2Y 8DS, London
Mobilizon page: https://mobilizon.fr/events/f18da336-07f5-489f-ae7c-394458668cea

How to find us:

Enter the Barbican Centre from the entrance on Silk Street (EC2Y
8DS). Once inside, follow the signs to the Lakeside Terrace [0,
1]. You'll find us there at a table or by the fountains. We will have
signs with the Guix logo to indicate it's us.

Please feel free to direct message https://octodon.social/@fabionatali
on the fediverse if you are unable to find us at the venue.

[0]: https://www.openstreetmap.org/way/34040002
[1]:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbican_Centre#/media/File:Barbican-arts-centre-large.jpg

Regards,
Arun

* Re: London Guix meetup
@ 2023-06-28 10:14   ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2023-06-28 10:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, guile-user; +Cc: Fabio Natali, Christopher Baines

Hi all,

We had a good turnout with 8 attendees. Thank you all for coming! We may
have another meetup in a month or so. Looking forward to seeing you all
again and hope to see new faces too!

Regards,
Arun

* Re: London Guix meetup
@ 2023-06-28 10:21     ` Etienne B. Roesch
From: Etienne B. Roesch @ 2023-06-28 10:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac; +Cc: guix-devel, guile-user, Fabio Natali, Christopher Baines

Oops. I missed that! Is this a regular thing?
Is there a UK community of sort, e.g. online platform, mailing list and so
forth?

Etienne

On Wed, Jun 28, 2023 at 11:15 AM Arun Isaac <arunisaac@systemreboot.net>
wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> We had a good turnout with 8 attendees. Thank you all for coming! We may
> have another meetup in a month or so. Looking forward to seeing you all
> again and hope to see new faces too!
>
> Regards,
> Arun

* Re: London Guix meetup
@ 2023-06-28 11:34       ` Arun Isaac
From: Arun Isaac @ 2023-06-28 11:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Etienne B. Roesch
  Cc: guix-devel, guile-user, Fabio Natali, Christopher Baines

Hi Etienne,

> Oops. I missed that! Is this a regular thing?
> Is there a UK community of sort, e.g. online platform, mailing list and so
> forth?

Nope, this was just the first meetup. There may be another meetup in a
month or so. We don't have any separate online presence yet.

Regards,
Arun

* Re: London Guix meetup
@ 2023-06-28 11:57     ` Philip Beadling
From: Philip Beadling @ 2023-06-28 11:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Arun Isaac, guix-devel@gnu.org, guile-user@gnu.org
  Cc: Fabio Natali, Christopher Baines

>We had a good turnout with 8 attendees. Thank you all for coming! We may
>have another meetup in a month or so. Looking forward to seeing you all
>again and hope to see new faces too!

Thanks for organising Arun, was lovely to meet everyone and look forward to the next time,

Phil.