unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Self balancing trees
@ 2017-08-22  2:52 Christopher Howard
From: Christopher Howard @ 2017-08-22  2:52 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hello, where do I find a self-balancing tree structure to use with
guile? I'm new to guile, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for
in the guile info document, or in the gnu guile library collection.

* Re: Self balancing trees
@ 2017-08-22  4:31 ` Marko Rauhamaa
From: Marko Rauhamaa @ 2017-08-22  4:31 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@qlfiles.net>:

> Hello, where do I find a self-balancing tree structure to use with
> guile? I'm new to guile, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking for
> in the guile info document, or in the gnu guile library collection.

If you can't find anything else, here's mine:

   http://pacujo.net/~marko/avl-tree.scm

Marko

* Re: Self balancing trees
@ 2017-08-22  5:07   ` Christopher Howard
From: Christopher Howard @ 2017-08-22  5:07 UTC (permalink / raw)

On Tue, 2017-08-22 at 07:31 +0300, Marko Rauhamaa wrote:
> Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@qlfiles.net>:
>
> > Hello, where do I find a self-balancing tree structure to use with
> > guile? I'm new to guile, but I can't seem to find what I'm looking
> > for
> > in the guile info document, or in the gnu guile library collection.
>
> If you can't find anything else, here's mine:
>
>    http://pacujo.net/~marko/avl-tree.scm
>

> Marko

Thank you! This looks very helpful! However, there is too much code
here for me to use it without an explicit license. Would you please let
me know under which license you are releasing the code?

--
https://qlfiles.net
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/

* Re: Self balancing trees
@ 2017-08-22  5:16     ` Marko Rauhamaa
From: Marko Rauhamaa @ 2017-08-22  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)

Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@qlfiles.net>:

> Thank you! This looks very helpful! However, there is too much code
> here for me to use it without an explicit license. Would you please
> let me know under which license you are releasing the code?

Public domain.

Marko

* Re: Self balancing trees
@ 2017-08-22  9:33       ` Kovacsics Róbert
From: Kovacsics Róbert @ 2017-08-22  9:33 UTC (permalink / raw)

Sorry Marko, I didn't hit reply all, so re-sending for the benefit of the list.

I'd just like to point out
https://wiki.rice.edu/confluence/download/attachments/2761212/Okasaki-Red-Black.pdf
for the simplicity of it's Red-Black tree implementation. Granted, it
uses Haskell, but you could implement it similarly simply as Guile has
pattern-matching too with (ice-9 match). Also, it hasn't got a delete
operation, that would be more messy.

* Re: Self balancing trees
@ 2017-08-23  4:00         ` Nala Ginrut
From: Nala Ginrut @ 2017-08-23  4:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kovacsics Róbert; +Cc: Guile User

Here's mine, but I haven't updated for a while, RB tree works, please don't
use it seriously, and hope it inspire you.

https://github.com/NalaGinrut/nashkel/blob/master/nashkel/rbtree.scm

2017年8月22日 下午5:34,"Kovacsics Róbert" <kovirobi@gmail.com>写道: