unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* SRFI-151 (bitfiddling) for guile
@ 2019-04-06 18:50 Linus Björnstam
From: Linus Björnstam @ 2019-04-06 18:50 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi there!

I have "ported" all of srfi-151 to guile. There wasn't that much porting involved, since most of the functionality is provided by guile as srfi-60 and the basic bitwise arithmetic in guiles standard environment.

It passes all the tests in the srfi document. If one wants to include it in guile's main distribution (as FSF-copyrighted LPGL), you would need to make a clean-room implementation of the procedures in bitwise-other.scm (bits->vector, vector->bits, bit-swap, bitwise-fold, bitwise-for-each, bitwise-unfold and make-bitwise-generator). I don't know about the tests, so probably them as well. The rest of the code is public domain (code by Olin Shivers edited by John Cowan, and code by me).

The repo is here: https://bitbucket.org/bjoli/guile-srfi-151/

and the srfi document can be found here: https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-151/srfi-151.html

Best regards
Linus Björnstam

* Re: SRFI-151 (bitfiddling) for guile
@ 2019-04-06 21:11 ` John Cowan
From: John Cowan @ 2019-04-06 21:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Björnstam; +Cc: guile-user

On Sat, Apr 6, 2019 at 4:24 PM Linus Björnstam <linus.bjornstam@fastmail.se>
wrote:

> If one wants to include it in guile's main distribution (as
> FSF-copyrighted LPGL), you would need to make a clean-room implementation
> of the procedures in bitwise-other.scm (bits->vector, vector->bits,
> bit-swap, bitwise-fold, bitwise-for-each, bitwise-unfold and
> make-bitwise-generator). I don't know about the tests, so probably them as
> well.

All the code currently bears the BSD-ish SRFI license (see any SRFI).  As
the author, however, I hereby grant permission to change the license and/or
the copyright ownership on the Guile version of bitwise-other and the tests
to LGPL if that is useful to Guile.  Let me know if there is formal
paperwork to fill out.

--
John Cowan          http://vrici.lojban.org/~cowan        cowan@ccil.org
Being understandable rather than obscurantist poses certain

* Re: SRFI-151 (bitfiddling) for guile
@ 2019-04-26 15:03 ` Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2019-04-26 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Linus Björnstam; +Cc: Guile User

Le sam. 6 avr. 2019 à 22:23, Linus Björnstam <linus.bjornstam@fastmail.se>
a écrit :

> Hi there!
>
> I have "ported" all of srfi-151 to guile. There wasn't that much porting
> involved, since most of the functionality is provided by guile as srfi-60
> and the basic bitwise arithmetic in guiles standard environment.
>
> It passes all the tests in the srfi document. If one wants to include it
> in guile's main distribution (as FSF-copyrighted LPGL), you would need to
> make a clean-room implementation of the procedures in bitwise-other.scm
> (bits->vector, vector->bits, bit-swap, bitwise-fold, bitwise-for-each,
> bitwise-unfold and make-bitwise-generator). I don't know about the tests,
> so probably them as well. The rest of the code is public domain (code by
> Olin Shivers edited by John Cowan, and code by me).
>
> The repo is here: https://bitbucket.org/bjoli/guile-srfi-151/
>
> and the srfi document can be found here:
> https://srfi.schemers.org/srfi-151/srfi-151.html
>
> Best regards
> Linus Björnstam

This is now part of guile-r7rs <https://git.sr.ht/%7Eamz3/guile-r7rs>.