unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* shell script to start guile w/ repl
@ 2019-03-06  1:21 Matt Wette
From: Matt Wette @ 2019-03-06  1:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi All,

I'm trying to generate a shell script that sets up environment for guile and
then executes a guile repl.  I can do that.  It is here:

   #!/bin/sh

   LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/my/lib
   export LD_LIBRARY_PATH

   exec guile -ds $0 $@
   !#

   ;; ... stuff ...

   (use-modules (ice-9 top-repl))
   (top-repl)

Now I would like to have the top-repl use an alternate language.
How do I do that?  I tried

   (*current-language* (lookup-language 'nx-tcl))
   (top-repl)

But this fails.  Any hints?  If I use the original script
and type
   scheme@(guile-user)> ,L nx-tcl
I do get into my language, but I don't want to do that by hand.

Matt

* Re: shell script to start guile w/ repl
@ 2019-03-06 11:38 ` Neil Jerram
From: Neil Jerram @ 2019-03-06 11:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Matt Wette; +Cc: guile-user

On Wed, 6 Mar 2019 at 01:22, Matt Wette <matt.wette@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I'm trying to generate a shell script that sets up environment for guile and
> then executes a guile repl.  I can do that.  It is here:
>
>    #!/bin/sh
>
>    LD_LIBRARY_PATH=/path/to/my/lib
>    export LD_LIBRARY_PATH
>
>    exec guile -ds $0 $@
>    !#
>
>    ;; ... stuff ...
>
>    (use-modules (ice-9 top-repl))
>    (top-repl)
>

> Now I would like to have the top-repl use an alternate language.
> How do I do that?  I tried
>
>    (*current-language* (lookup-language 'nx-tcl))
>    (top-repl)
>
> But this fails.  Any hints?

Just guessing, but perhaps:

(fluid-set! *current-language* 'nx-tcl)

or

(fluid-set! *current-language* (lookup-language 'nx-tcl))

?

    Neil