unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* what are conventions for foreign libraries via guix
@ 2023-11-27 23:56 Daniel Skinner
From: Daniel Skinner @ 2023-11-27 23:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi all,

I'm new to guile/scheme and wanted to play with ffi. I'm using guile
through guix on foreign distro and strictly only interested in libraries
installed via guix; what's the recommended way to load .so files?

For example, if I install guile and glfw via guix and attempt to use
foreign-library-function, then this fails unless I set
LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LIBRARY_PATH where $LIBRARY_PATH was set by guix profile.

But I want to export something global for login shell which may have mixed
environment (being a foreign distro) for the sake of emacs and geiser so
was looking at GUILE_EXTENSIONS_PATH but it seemed like that's more
appropriate for per project settings that might bundle a compilable
extension?

Just wondering what people normally do as I was sort of just expecting
guile via guix to automatically find libs installed via guix.

Thanks,
Daniel

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-11-27 23:56 UTC | newest]