unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] Guile-CoAP 0.1.0 released
@ 2023-06-09 12:12 pukkamustard
From: pukkamustard @ 2023-06-09 12:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hello Guilers,

I'm happy to announce the initial release of Guile-CoAP
(0.1.0). Guile-CoAP is a Guile Scheme implementation of the Constrained
Application Protocol (CoAP) as defined by RFC 7252.

The source code is available on Codeberg:

https://codeberg.org/eris/guile-coap

CoAP is a general purpose network transport protocol designed for
constrained environments. It defines a request-reply semantics very
similar to HTTP but also supports asynchrounous requests, bi-directional
requests and other interactions patterns such as publish-subscribe.

CoAP is transport agnostic and runs over UDP (RFC 7252), TCP, WebSocket
(RFC 8323) and other transports.

Guile-CoAP provides basic serializers for working with CoAP messages
over UDP and TCP as well as a fiberized CoAP client.

Being designed for constrained devices CoAP is also optimized for small
implementations, making it interesting for Free Software hackers
interested in a fairly simple, feature-complete and well-specified
protocol that can be implemented in their favorite language, including
Guile!

The development of Guile-CoAP has been supported by the NLnet Foundation
through the NGI Assure fund as part of the ERIS project.

-pukkamustard

* Re: [ANN] Guile-CoAP 0.1.0 released
@ 2023-06-09 15:28 ` Unstable Horse
From: Unstable Horse @ 2023-06-09 15:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pukkamustard, guile-user

On Fri, 2023-06-09 at 12:12 +0000, pukkamustard wrote:

> Hello Guilers,
>
> I'm happy to announce the initial release of Guile-CoAP
> (0.1.0).

Ooh, interesting. Added a reference to this on the wikipedia page:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Constrained_Application_Protocol

I didn't quite know what to put in the features list though.

* Re: [ANN] Guile-CoAP 0.1.0 released
@ 2023-06-09 18:27 ` Aleix Conchillo Flaqué
From: Aleix Conchillo Flaqué @ 2023-06-09 18:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: pukkamustard; +Cc: guile-user

Nice! This is now available in Guile Homebrew (
https://github.com/aconchillo/homebrew-guile):

  brew tap aconchillo/guile
  brew install guile-coap

Aleix