unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Syntax form
@ 2017-08-21 12:22 Tommi Höynälänmaa
From: Tommi Höynälänmaa @ 2017-08-21 12:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Where are (syntax x) forms compiled with the old vector based
implementation of syntax objects (guile 2.0.11 or 2.2.0)? The
structure type for the syntax objects is defined in ice-9/psyntax.scm
but I can't find code for the syntax form.

      -Tommi Höynälänmaa

* Re: Syntax form
@ 2017-08-23  5:13 ` Mark H Weaver
From: Mark H Weaver @ 2017-08-23  5:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Tommi Höynälänmaa; +Cc: guile-user

Tommi Höynälänmaa <tommi.hoynalanmaa@gmail.com> writes:

> Where are (syntax x) forms compiled with the old vector based
> implementation of syntax objects (guile 2.0.11 or 2.2.0)? The
> structure type for the syntax objects is defined in ice-9/psyntax.scm
> but I can't find code for the syntax form.

'syntax' is a core form of the psyntax macro expander.  In both 2.0 and
2.2, the code to handle expansion of 'syntax' forms is in psyntax.scm,
beginning with:

  (global-extend 'core 'syntax

Although in 2.2 the text above is split between two lines:

  (global-extend
   'core 'syntax

       Mark