unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* [ANN] Snuik v0.0 -- a Snuiky IRC robot using Guile 8sync (for now).
@ 2023-08-18 12:16 Janneke Nieuwenhuizen
From: Janneke Nieuwenhuizen @ 2023-08-18 12:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

Hi!

TL;DR: another v0.0 IRC robot that may never evolve to v0.1
       <https://gitlab.com/janneke/snuik>.
       guix shell snuik

A couple of years ago I wanted to a Sneek-like robot for our #dezyne
channel.  The source to Sneek was not yet readily available (it is now,
thanks Dale! <https://gitlab.com/dalepsmith/sneek>).

When I heard rumors that Sneek had a C++ dependency, and having seen
Christine's amazing live hacking 8syng talk at FOSDEM, I couldn't resist
to start playing with 8sync's <irc-bot> demo instead.  Without much---if
any--- thought I added `seen' and `later ask/tell' but Snuik didn't seem
to do too well at the time and also I was kinda busy back then.

This summer I picked-up Snuik again because a Sneek'y IRC bot is useful
and fun, I wanted to experiment with serializing/unserializing GOOPS
objects using Guix Records-like constructors (and possibly more to come
here), and partly as a possible programming learning experience for my
children.

Meanwhile, Guile-Goblins and fibers have become new thing, of course,
but it isn't clear to me if which of those would be a possible better
fit, so yeah.

Snuik -- <https://gitlab.com/janneke/snuik>
         v0.0 <https://dezyne.org/download/snuik/snuik-0.0.tar.gz>
         <https://git.savannah.gnu.org/cgit/8sync.git/log/?h=wip-irc>

Greetings,
Janneke

--
Janneke Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org>  | GNU LilyPond https://LilyPond.org
Freelance IT https://www.JoyOfSource.com | Avatar® https://AvatarAcademy.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-08-18 12:16 UTC | newest]