unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Targeting languages with "return" to tree-il
@ 2017-03-17  0:13 Matt Wette
From: Matt Wette @ 2017-03-17  0:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

I have been planing a bit with writing to tree-il to execute on the VM.  Since my language has a return
statement I have been using prompts when writing to tree-il.  I was wondering if there is an overhead
issue with this. Is there?  If so, I was wondering if there is some prompt pattern that the CPS or later
phases would optimize out,  (Random guess: CPS passes the continuation to lambdas.  Is that right?)

Comment?

only message in thread, other threads:[~2017-03-17  0:13 UTC | newest]