unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Emacsy updates for Guile 2.2, Webkit2-4.0
@ 2019-06-09 16:56 Jan (janneke) Nieuwenhuizen
From: Jan (janneke) Nieuwenhuizen @ 2019-06-09 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: shane.celis; +Cc: guile-user

Hi Shane,

Just a week ago I found Emacsy and I like it!  I have made some updates
on `wip' branches for Guile 2.2 and Webkit2-4.0 here

    https://gitlab.com/janneke/emacsy
    https://gitlab.com/janneke/hello-emacsy
    https://gitlab.com/janneke/emacsy-webkit-gtk

and I am working to add an initial "emacsy" package to GNU Guix.  The
idea is to create full Guile package using Guile-GI or Guile-Gnome to
first match the emacsy-webkit-gtk-w-windows example and add a simple
text editor.

The update comes with a Guix package description that allows you to
setup an environment where Emacsy is built with its examples ready to
play, like so:

$ guix environment --ad-hoc -l guix.scm guile
$ [env] hello-emacsy
or
$ [env] emacsy-webkit-gtk-w-windows

Thanks for a great idea and a nice piece of software!

Greetings,
janneke

--
Jan Nieuwenhuizen <janneke@gnu.org> | GNU LilyPond http://lilypond.org
Freelance IT http://JoyofSource.com | Avatar® http://AvatarAcademy.com

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-06-09 16:56 UTC | newest]