unofficial mirror of guile-user@gnu.org
* Compiling - won't use from site-dir?
@ 2017-09-13  4:05 Christopher Howard
From: Christopher Howard @ 2017-09-13  4:05 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi, as reading in guile manual section "Modules and the File System", I
installed my-module.scm to %site-dir and then my-module.go to %site-
dir. But when I run guile interpreter and use-modules my-module, it
ignores that one, and instead acts as though the cache in my home
directory is the only place to get compiled modules. So it will compile
the .go file into my cache even if one is in the %site-dir already.

I tried naming it my-module.scm.go instead, but same results.

--
https://qlfiles.net
https://emailselfdefense.fsf.org/en/

* Re: Compiling - won't use from site-dir?
@ 2017-09-13  9:41 ` Chris Vine
From: Chris Vine @ 2017-09-13  9:41 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-user

On Tue, 12 Sep 2017 20:05:54 -0800
Christopher Howard <christopher.howard@qlfiles.net> wrote:

> Hi, as reading in guile manual section "Modules and the File System",
> I installed my-module.scm to %site-dir and then my-module.go to %site-
> dir. But when I run guile interpreter and use-modules my-module, it
> ignores that one, and instead acts as though the cache in my home
> directory is the only place to get compiled modules. So it will
> compile the .go file into my cache even if one is in the %site-dir
> already.
>
> I tried naming it my-module.scm.go instead, but same results.

This bit of the documentation should help: "As with Scheme files, Guile
searches a path to find compiled .go files, the %load-compiled-path. By
default, this path has two entries: a path for Guile’s files, and a
path for site packages. You should install your .go files into the
latter directory, whose value is returned by invoking the
%site-ccache-dir procedure. As in the previous example, if Guile 2.2 is
installed on your system in /usr/, then (%site-ccache-dir) site
packages will be /usr/lib/guile/2.2/site-ccache"

Chris

* Re: Compiling - won't use from site-dir?
@ 2017-09-13 13:28   ` Christopher Howard
From: Christopher Howard @ 2017-09-13 13:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Chris Vine, guile-user