* Alternative logo proposal
@ 2015-09-17 20:07 Thorsten Wilms
From: Thorsten Wilms @ 2015-09-17 20:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi!

I wasn't subscribed before, but got aware of Luis's mockups via IRC.
While I think there's a lot just done right on the website mockup, I see
issues with the logo proposal.

The G in parens concept is fine, but the weighting could be better. Even
then, a G that is all round on the outside is hard to make harmonious
... and to keep at a far distances from Google's new G. Then in the
lockup, where one paren has to step in the background, the concept falls
apart, to my eyes.

So here's my (first?) proposal, still inspired by Luis's work:
http://i.imgur.com/oKyEvkr.png

--
Thorsten Wilms

thorwil's design for free software:
http://thorwil.wordpress.com/

* Re: Alternative logo proposal
@ 2015-09-17 22:11 ` Mathieu Lirzin
From: Mathieu Lirzin @ 2015-09-17 22:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Thorsten Wilms; +Cc: guile-devel

Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@freenet.de> writes:

> Hi!
>
> I wasn't subscribed before, but got aware of Luis's mockups via
> IRC. While I think there's a lot just done right on the website
> mockup, I see issues with the logo proposal.
>
> The G in parens concept is fine, but the weighting could be
> better. Even then, a G that is all round on the outside is hard to
> make harmonious ... and to keep at a far distances from Google's new
> G. Then in the lockup, where one paren has to step in the background,
> the concept falls apart, to my eyes.
>
> So here's my (first?) proposal, still inspired by Luis's work:
> http://i.imgur.com/oKyEvkr.png

Thanks for proposing an alternative.  I rather prefer Luis' logo which I
find perfectly harmonious.

--
Mathieu Lirzin

* Re: Alternative logo proposal
@ 2015-09-18  8:53   ` Amirouche Boubekki
From: Amirouche Boubekki @ 2015-09-18  8:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Mathieu Lirzin
  Cc: guile-devel, guile-devel-bounces+amirouche+dev=hypermove.net

Le 2015-09-18 00:11, Mathieu Lirzin a écrit :
> Thorsten Wilms <t_w_@freenet.de> writes:
>
>> Hi!
>>
>> I wasn't subscribed before, but got aware of Luis's mockups via
>> IRC. While I think there's a lot just done right on the website
>> mockup, I see issues with the logo proposal.
>>
>> The G in parens concept is fine, but the weighting could be
>> better. Even then, a G that is all round on the outside is hard to
>> make harmonious ... and to keep at a far distances from Google's new
>> G. Then in the lockup, where one paren has to step in the background,
>> the concept falls apart, to my eyes.
>>
>> So here's my (first?) proposal, still inspired by Luis's work:
>> http://i.imgur.com/oKyEvkr.png
>
> Thanks for proposing an alternative.  I rather prefer Luis' logo which
> find perfectly harmonious.

+1

Also, this G looks like Google G one too :)

* Re: Alternative logo proposal
@ 2015-09-18 11:17     ` Thorsten Wilms
From: Thorsten Wilms @ 2015-09-18 11:17 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

On 18.09.2015 10:53, Amirouche Boubekki wrote:
> Also, this G looks like Google G one too :)

The point is that this G would not be used in/as stand-alone symbol, as
that part would be taken by the horned parenthesis ;)

--

@ 2015-09-23 14:08 ` Luis Felipe López Acevedo
From: Luis Felipe López Acevedo @ 2015-09-23 14:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: t_w_; +Cc: guile-devel

On 2015-09-17 15:07, Thorsten Wilms wrote:
> Hi!
>
> I wasn't subscribed before, but got aware of Luis's mockups via IRC.
> While I think there's a lot just done right on the website mockup, I
> see issues with the logo proposal.
>
> The G in parens concept is fine, but the weighting could be better.
> Even then, a G that is all round on the outside is hard to make
> harmonious ... and to keep at a far distances from Google's new G.
> Then in the lockup, where one paren has to step in the background, the
> concept falls apart, to my eyes.
>
> So here's my (first?) proposal, still inspired by Luis's work:
> http://i.imgur.com/oKyEvkr.png

Hi, Thorsten.

Thanks for proposing an alternative. I don't like it though :)

P.S.: I love the Ardour logo you made.

--
Luis Felipe López Acevedo
http://sirgazil.bitbucket.org/