* complementable sets modelling framework
@ 2015-05-05 20:34 Stefan Israelsson Tampe
From: Stefan Israelsson Tampe @ 2015-05-05 20:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Hi All,

I was wondering if this code would be welcomed under the guile umbrella. I
guess that wingos new
intsets could be used with it. It's a cool idea of taking a normal set
library and add the concept of a complement without defing a world, this is
safe because all such sets are defined as a discrete set of operations from
pure atoms and that avoids the issue with non deciidability. To get all
element of such a set intersect it with the world and off you go.

You can see a preliminary version at
https://gitlab.com/gule-log/guile-log/blob/master/ice-9/set/complement.scm

Another thing I would like to work on is to be able to get sets which
elements are weak my feeling
would be that it would be enough to have a function that generates a pair
that are defined without gc guard of its elements, then one could ask for
suitable dissapearing links and play with that ball functionally in the
lisp world, I think with that element we could define a version of vhashes
that
can be weak in any suitable constellation. Preferable we could define a
closed object weak pair for which the elements cannot be modified just to
be safe and define accessors on them. WDYT.

Any comments?
Enjoy