* Helping out
@ 2014-01-14 13:19 Nikita Karetnikov
From: Nikita Karetnikov @ 2014-01-14 13:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

I’ve recently finished reading K&R.  In order to get familiar with the C
standard library, I would like to contribute to Guile.  However, my free
time is very limited (whose isn’t?), so I’m interested in projects that
don’t require much research.  Also, I’d prefer to use C only when it’s
unavoidable (it’s 2014 after all).  Do you have anything like that?

[-- Attachment #2: Type: application/pgp-signature, Size: 835 bytes --]

* Re: Helping out
@ 2014-01-17 21:09 ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2014-01-17 21:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nikita Karetnikov; +Cc: guile-devel

Hi Nikita,

Nikita Karetnikov <nikita@karetnikov.org> skribis:

> I’ve recently finished reading K&R.  In order to get familiar with the C
> standard library, I would like to contribute to Guile.  However, my free
> time is very limited (whose isn’t?), so I’m interested in projects that
> don’t require much research.  Also, I’d prefer to use C only when it’s
> unavoidable (it’s 2014 after all).  Do you have anything like that?

I guess http://bugs.gnu.org/guile could be a good starting point.  :-)
Testing, on ‘master’ in particular, is always welcome.

Another area where you could help is libraries.  If you feel there are
features that it would make sense for Guile to provide out of the box
(data structures, web, OS interface, etc.), then you could propose
modules.

Happy hacking!

Ludo’.