* Doc & tests
       [not found] ` <E1Yfrms-0006Xv-Si@vcs.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2015-04-16 13:08   ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-04-16 13:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wingo; +Cc: guile-devel

Hello!

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> skribis:

> commit 95db5705288c8f72cd81e52a2d94cd876dc6ea04
> Author: Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com>
> Date:   Wed Apr 1 10:01:16 2015 +0200
>
>     Add "transient" intmap interface

I’m a bit concerned about the lack of docstrings, comments, and tests in
some of the new code, esp. “tricky” code like this one or cps2.

You’re probably going to hate me for asking this from my lurker’s
standpoint ;-), but what would you think of gradually improving these
aspects?  Think of the future me who finally dives into 2.1 to get up to
speed.  :-)

Cheers,
Ludo’.

* Re: Doc & tests
@ 2015-04-20 19:14     ` Andy Wingo
From: Andy Wingo @ 2015-04-20 19:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Ludovic Courtès; +Cc: guile-devel

On Thu 16 Apr 2015 15:08, ludo@gnu.org (Ludovic Courtès) writes:

> Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> skribis:
>
>> commit 95db5705288c8f72cd81e52a2d94cd876dc6ea04
>> Author: Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com>
>> Date:   Wed Apr 1 10:01:16 2015 +0200
>>
>>     Add "transient" intmap interface
>
> I’m a bit concerned about the lack of docstrings, comments, and tests in
> some of the new code, esp. “tricky” code like this one or cps2.
>
> You’re probably going to hate me for asking this from my lurker’s
> standpoint ;-), but what would you think of gradually improving these
> aspects?  Think of the future me who finally dives into 2.1 to get up to
> speed.  :-)

Yes certainly!  It was actually documentation that led me down this
garden path.  I was unhappy with the existing CPS IL, especially
documenting a thing that I wasn't completely comfortable with, and
wanted to make some new experiments.  I wasn't even sure the approaches
in simplify2.scm would be possible, and the transient interface is part
of what makes it possible.  So yes it's definitely on the list.

Andy
--
http://wingolog.org/

* Re: Doc & tests
@ 2015-04-20 20:54       ` Ludovic Courtès
From: Ludovic Courtès @ 2015-04-20 20:54 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Andy Wingo; +Cc: guile-devel

Andy Wingo <wingo@pobox.com> skribis:

> Yes certainly!  It was actually documentation that led me down this
> garden path.  I was unhappy with the existing CPS IL, especially
> documenting a thing that I wasn't completely comfortable with, and
> wanted to make some new experiments.  I wasn't even sure the approaches
> in simplify2.scm would be possible, and the transient interface is part
> of what makes it possible.  So yes it's definitely on the list.

Excellent, thanks!  (And thanks for all the work and niceties you put
into 2.1!)

Ludo’.