* possible bug in export
@ 2023-05-01  5:33 Damien Mattei
From: Damien Mattei @ 2023-05-01  5:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

hello,
i noticed that when defining a module and exporting  a procedure not
defined this does not cause an error in Guile ( at the opposite to Racket
for example).

example:
(define-module (my_module)
   #:export (my_undefined_procedure)

(include-from-path "file.scm"))

in REPL:
(use-modules (my_module))

ice-9/boot-9.scm:1685:16: In procedure raise-exception:
Unbound variable: my_undefined_procedure

Entering a new prompt.  Type `,bt' for a backtrace or `,q' to continue.
scheme@(guile-user) [1]> ,q

regards,
damien

* Re: possible bug in export
@ 2023-05-03  6:36 ` Blake Shaw
From: Blake Shaw @ 2023-05-03  6:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Damien Mattei; +Cc: guile-devel

I would just chime in that this has caused me some trouble in the past,
where an unbound variable is exported by a module.