* vector-move-left! incorrectly named
@ 2007-01-19 18:57 Han-Wen Nienhuys
From: Han-Wen Nienhuys @ 2007-01-19 18:57 UTC (permalink / raw)

Hi,

Vector-move-left! modifies its 3rd argument rather than its 1st.  As
such, it does not conform to the GUILE naming standards.

Should this be fixed, or is this an inconsistency in the standard?

--
 Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwen@xs4all.nl - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen

* Re: vector-move-left! incorrectly named
@ 2007-01-22 20:53 ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2007-01-22 20:53 UTC (permalink / raw)
  Cc: guile-devel

Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@xs4all.nl> writes:

> Should this be fixed,

No, that'd be an incompatible change (it's in the manual).
Slightly unfortunate, but not the end of the world.

* Re: vector-move-left! incorrectly named
@ 2007-01-24 21:49 ` Kevin Ryde
From: Kevin Ryde @ 2007-01-24 21:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: hanwen; +Cc: guile-devel

Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@xs4all.nl> writes:

> As such, it does not conform to the GUILE naming standards.

Where?  string-move! is the same, and copy-file is similar.

In any case as I said it can't be changed, but if you think the docs
are unclear then propose new words or a sentence of caution or
whatever.

But please remove the comment you added in the head.  No-one will see
it there, and there's no action that can be taken.

* Re: vector-move-left! incorrectly named
@ 2007-01-25  1:15   ` Han-Wen Nienhuys
From: Han-Wen Nienhuys @ 2007-01-25  1:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Kevin Ryde; +Cc: guile-devel

Kevin Ryde escreveu:
> Han-Wen Nienhuys <hanwen@xs4all.nl> writes:
>> As such, it does not conform to the GUILE naming standards.
>
> Where?  string-move! is the same, and copy-file is similar.

I was previously told that functions  that carry a ! in their name
modify their first argument.

--
 Han-Wen Nienhuys - hanwen@xs4all.nl - http://www.xs4all.nl/~hanwen