* FOSDEM 2019 - dev-room proposal
@ 2018-08-27 17:27 Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2018-08-27 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

Copy from the Guix mailing list.

----- Forwarded message from Pjotr Prins <pjotr2018@thebird.nl> -----

Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2018 11:23:19 +0200
From: Pjotr Prins <pjotr2018@thebird.nl>
To: guix-devel@gnu.org
Subject: FOSDEM 2019 - dev-room proposal

* Minimalistic Languages

Every year FOSDEM allows for dev-rooms that need to appeal to a wider
audience and do not overlap with other dev-rooms. Programming
languages are popular and some of the large languages get their own,
such as Python and Rust. See the devrooms section on

  https://archive.fosdem.org/2018/schedule/

Manolis and I want to submit a plan for 'Minimalistic Languages - for
big ideas' dev-room.  Good examples that fit the room are

- mes and reproducible builds
- Guile and Guix
- Guile JIT
- Lua JIT
- Lua for scriptable projects (example?)

Anyone anything to add to this list? More ideas is better.

Other languages that could fit are Forth, Smalltalk, Tcl, Rebol.
Provided they have a big idea.

Note that JVM languages and languages that compile to Javascript do
not fit the room. They probably have their own dev-rooms anyway.
Haskell and other Lisps may fit too (if they don't get their own
room). We think with enough good projects our dev-room will be of
interest.

Pj & Manolis

----- End forwarded message -----

* Re: FOSDEM 2019 - dev-room proposal
@ 2018-08-28  0:34 ` Matt Wette
From: Matt Wette @ 2018-08-28  0:34 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guile-devel

On 08/27/2018 10:27 AM, Pjotr Prins wrote:
> Manolis and I want to submit a plan for 'Minimalistic Languages - for
> big ideas' dev-room.  Good examples that fit the room are
>
> - mes and reproducible builds
> - Guile and Guix
> - Guile JIT
> - Lua JIT
> - Lua for scriptable projects (example?)
>
> Anyone anything to add to this list? More ideas is better.

Cow?