* FOSDEM 2020 "Minimalistic Languages - for big ideas" devroom proposal
@ 2019-08-20 18:04 Manolis Ragkousis
From: Manolis Ragkousis @ 2019-08-20 18:04 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: guix-devel, Guile Devel, lua-l-aLEFhgZF4x6GglJvpFV4uA,
	users-GvBox1K3Ixw1Q5oZIJT9Xw, help-smalltalk-mXXj517/zsQ,
	pharo-users-Fj0DB6SUpRUe6UdIy6AN3A,
	tcl-core-5NWGOfrQmneRv+LV9MX5uipxlwaOVQ5f,
	chicken-users-qX2TKyscuCcdnm+yROfE0A
  Cc: Pjotr Prins

Hello everyone,

It's time we get started again for FOSDEM 2020! Please read the proposal
in [1] and offer suggestions and updates to the text. We have a deadline
for the devroom proposal until the 20th of September, but we would like
to have the proposal ready before that!

Also start thinking about talk ideas!

The devroom will allow all of our projects to cooperate, share ideas and
improve! To get an idea check [2].

Let's make this year's FOSDEM even better, with an even greater
"Minimalistic Languages - for big ideas" devroom.

Manolis and Pj

[1] https://libreplanet.org/wiki/FOSDEM2020-devroom-proposal
[2] https://archive.fosdem.org/2019/schedule/track/minimalistic_languages/

* Re: FOSDEM 2020 "Minimalistic Languages - for big ideas" devroom proposal
@ 2019-08-22 20:18 ` Pjotr Prins
From: Pjotr Prins @ 2019-08-22 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Manolis Ragkousis
  Cc: Guile Devel, lua-l, users, chicken-users, help-smalltalk,
	guix-devel, tcl-core, pharo-users

Yes! Let's make this as exciting as the other years. Also the GNU Guix
days are being prepared for so it will be a total of 4 days.

Those of you who have attended other years may want to recommend
others to join this year and tell use how it benefited you or the
project. I encountered GNU Guix at FOSDEM and have been involved
since. Every time FOSDEM has a great influence on what I do in the
year after. This time I am flying especially from the USA for FOSDEM.

In my opinion it is a great experience and my favorite conference
every year. That is why we make such an effort organizing it. If you
want to be a speaker/volunteer you can contact Manolis or me.

Please share your experience here!!

Pj