all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* use emacs as abs modeling language compiler
@ 2022-11-29 16:40 yasereqaderi
From: yasereqaderi @ 2022-11-29 16:40 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

hi everybody;

i want to run and compile ABS modeling language on EMACS editor, the installation is done step by step but i have an error with code 127 "absc --java "filename /bin/bash: line 1: absc : command not found  compilation exited abnormally with code 127" can anybody help me to solve this problem?

[-- Attachment #2: Screenshot from 2022-11-27 17-09-41.png --]
[-- Type: image/png, Size: 118130 bytes --]

* Re: use emacs as abs modeling language compiler
@ 2022-11-30 14:14 ` Manuel Giraud
                   ` (2 subsequent siblings)
From: Manuel Giraud @ 2022-11-30 14:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yasereqaderi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

<yasereqaderi@gmail.com> writes:

> hi everybody;
>
> i want to run and compile ABS modeling language on EMACS editor, the
> installation is done step by step but i have an error with code 127
> "absc --java "filename /bin/bash: line 1: absc : command not found
> compilation exited abnormally with code 127" can anybody help me to
> solve this problem?

Hi,

I don't think it is emacs related.  Do you happen to have absc in your
PATH?  Is there an error when you call absc into another terminal?
--
Manuel Giraud

* Re: use emacs as abs modeling language compiler
@ 2022-11-30 14:52 ` Joost Kremers
From: Joost Kremers @ 2022-11-30 14:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yasereqaderi; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Tue, Nov 29 2022, yasereqaderi@gmail.com wrote:
> i want to run and compile ABS modeling language on EMACS editor, the
> installation is done step by step but i have an error with code 127 "absc --java
> "filename /bin/bash: line 1: absc : command not found compilation exited
> abnormally with code 127" can anybody help me to solve this problem?

This means that either a) you don't have absc installed, or b) it's installed
but not in $PATH, or c) it's installed and in $PATH but not Emacs' `exec-path`.

If it's option a) or b), you need to install absc or set up your PATH correctly.
If it's option c), the package `exec-path-from-shell` may help. It's available
from MELPA.

--
Joost Kremers
Life has its moments

* Re: use emacs as abs modeling language compiler
@ 2022-11-30 15:03 ` Philippe Coatmeur
From: Philippe Coatmeur @ 2022-11-30 15:03 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: yasereqaderi, help-gnu-emacs@gnu.org

On 29/11/2022 17:40, yasereqaderi@gmail.com wrote:
> hi everybody;
>
> i want to run and compile ABS modeling language on EMACS editor, the installation is done step by step but i have an error with code 127 "absc --java "filename /bin/bash: line 1: absc : command not found  compilation exited abnormally with code 127" can anybody help me to solve this problem?

If your compile & run commands runs fine in the shell, you can then make
a bash script, and call it with something like this:

(defun px/build-current ()
   (interactive)
     (async-shell-command (concat default-directory "build.sh")))

You will then have the output in a separate window, just like in your image.

* Re: use emacs as abs modeling language compiler
                   ` (2 preceding siblings ...)
@ 2022-11-30 15:59 ` Rudolf Schlatte
From: Rudolf Schlatte @ 2022-11-30 15:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

<yasereqaderi@gmail.com> writes:

> hi everybody;
>
> i want to run and compile ABS modeling language on EMACS editor, the
> installation is done step by step but i have an error with code 127 "absc
> --java "filename /bin/bash: line 1: absc : command not found compilation
> exited abnormally with code 127" can anybody help me to solve this problem?

As described at https://github.com/abstools/abs-mode, you need to set
`abs-compiler-program' if absc is not in your path.

* Re: use emacs as abs modeling language compiler
@ 2022-11-30 16:07   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-11-30 16:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Philippe Coatmeur wrote:

>> i want to run and compile ABS modeling language on EMACS
>> editor, the installation is done step by step but i have an
>> error with code 127 "absc --java "filename /bin/bash: line
>> 1: absc : command not found compilation exited abnormally
>> with code 127" can anybody help me to solve this problem?
>
> If your compile & run commands runs fine in the shell [...]

Makefile

(setq compile-command "make -j 4 -s -k ")

(define-key knap "\C-c\C-c" #'compile)

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: use emacs as abs modeling language compiler
@ 2022-11-30 20:47   ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-11-30 20:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

What is ABS, Abstract Behavioral Specification?

It doesn't even have a wikipedia page so must be pretty
unknown?