all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: Re: Questions regarding PGTK, high-dpi font-rendering, new X11-Warning
@ 2022-11-29  6:33 Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez
From: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez @ 2022-11-29  6:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu, bjorn.bidar, emacs-devel

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Why? There is already a perfectly good X build, so doing so would be a
> waste of our energy.

Let's say it's a "reasonable" build. The N times the Emacs window is
resized and moved around before it lands where you want it to be is
something that should be looked into. And that doesn't happen on the pgtk
build (at least for me-TM).

My .2 cents, /PA

Fragen sind da um gestellt zu werden
Georg Kreisler

Headaches with a Juju log:
unit-basic-16: 09:17:36 WARNING juju.worker.uniter.operation we should run
a leader-deposed hook here, but we can't yet

* Re: Questions regarding PGTK, high-dpi font-rendering, new X11-Warning
@ 2022-11-29  6:43 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2022-11-29  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez; +Cc: bjorn.bidar, emacs-devel

Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:

> Let's say it's a "reasonable" build. The N times the Emacs window is
> resized and moved around before it lands where you want it to be is
> something that should be looked into. And that doesn't happen on the
> pgtk build (at least for me-TM).

That's a bug in Cairo.  GTK works around it by using a completely
different settings mechanism that AFAIK only works on GNOME.

* Re: Questions regarding PGTK, high-dpi font-rendering, new X11-Warning
@ 2022-11-29  9:36   ` Björn Bidar
From: Björn Bidar @ 2022-11-29  9:36 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez, emacs-devel

Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com> writes:

> Pedro Andres Aranda Gutierrez <paaguti@gmail.com> writes:
>
>> Let's say it's a "reasonable" build. The N times the Emacs window is
>> resized and moved around before it lands where you want it to be is
>> something that should be looked into. And that doesn't happen on the
>> pgtk build (at least for me-TM).
>
> That's a bug in Cairo.  GTK works around it by using a completely
> different settings mechanism that AFAIK only works on GNOME.

Did you test Kwin? I'm not sure if the bug happens on my devices but I
haven't experienced it.

Br,

Björn