all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Reporting a security bug
@ 2024-02-14  3:22 Max Nikulin
From: Max Nikulin @ 2024-02-14  3:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

It seems, I have spotted a security issue with Emacs. To my taste, it
may be dangerous enough for a fraction of users. That is why I am in
doubts if the proper treatment is just tagging it as "security" one in
the public tracker debbugs.gnu.org.

I have not found any recommendations related to security bugs in the docs.

What is the proper way to report a security bug in Emacs?

* Re: Reporting a security bug
@ 2024-02-14 15:32 ` Corwin Brust
From: Corwin Brust @ 2024-02-14 15:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Max Nikulin; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Tue, Feb 13, 2024 at 9:22 PM Max Nikulin <manikulin@gmail.com> wrote:

> What is the proper way to report a security bug in Emacs?

Hi Max.

Please email the details directly to Emacs maintailers Eli and Stefan
(don't copy this list, me, etc.).

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org>
Stefan Kangas <stefankangas@gmail.com>