all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#66474: No response to my emacs bug report
       [not found] <1965688274.4309065.1697077337578.ref@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2023-10-12  2:22 ` Lewis Creary via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors
From: Lewis Creary via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors @ 2023-10-12  2:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 66474; +Cc: lewcreary@cs.com

Several days ago I reported bug in Gnu emacs using the M-x report-emacs-bug command, but have received no response, contrary to the stated emacs policy of responding to such reports within a day or so.  Did you receive my report, or should I send it again?
Yours truly,
Lewis Creary,,,,,,

* bug#66474: No response to my emacs bug report
@ 2023-10-12  5:16   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-10-12  5:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Creary; +Cc: 66474

> Cc: "lewcreary@cs.com" <lewcreary@cs.com>
> Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2023 02:22:17 +0000 (UTC)
> From:  Lewis Creary via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
> Several days ago I reported bug in Gnu emacs using the M-x report-emacs-bug command, but have
> received no response, contrary to the stated emacs policy of responding to such reports within a day
> or so.  Did you receive my report, or should I send it again?

Please tell more about the bug you sent: its Subject, or the actual
report, or some other information we could use to try to find your
report in the bug database.  I tried searching using your name, but
couldn't find anything.

Did you receive an automated response from the bug-tracker with a bug
number?  If not, maybe your report was classified as spam for some
reason.

* bug#66474: No response to my emacs bug report
@ 2023-10-12  9:52     ` Michael Albinus
       [not found]       ` <1718218707.6284256.1697140654254@mail.yahoo.com>
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-12  9:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: Lewis Creary, 66474

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

Hi Lewis,

>> Several days ago I reported bug in Gnu emacs using the M-x report-emacs-bug command, but have
>> received no response, contrary to the stated emacs policy of responding to such reports within a day
>> or so.  Did you receive my report, or should I send it again?
>
> Please tell more about the bug you sent: its Subject, or the actual
> report, or some other information we could use to try to find your
> report in the bug database.  I tried searching using your name, but
> couldn't find anything.
>
> Did you receive an automated response from the bug-tracker with a bug
> number?  If not, maybe your report was classified as spam for some
> reason.

I've checked the mailman logs on debbugs.gnu.org. The only reference for
lewcreary@cs.com, your email address, is

Oct 11 22:24:35 2023 (746) post to debbugs-submit from lewcreary@cs.com, size=7466, message-id=<1965688274.4309065.1697077337578@mail.yahoo.com>, success

This is the message which has arrived for *this* report,
bug#66474. However, the logs show only accepted messages. If a message
is discarded by a moderator, we won't see it in the logs, and you won't
receive an information about.

I recommend you re-submit your bug report. In parallel you might send me
a note containing the complete sent message, including all headers.

Best regards, Michael.

* bug#66474: No response to my emacs bug report
       [not found]           ` <1028396789.8098323.1697211479026@mail.yahoo.com>
@ 2023-10-14 13:21             ` Michael Albinus
From: Michael Albinus @ 2023-10-14 13:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Lewis Creary; +Cc: 66474

Lewis Creary <lewcreary@cs.com> writes:

> Michael,

Hi Lew,

> I think I have now identified the information that will permit you to
> find my bug report in the "debbugs" logs.  The info is my mangled
> email address, which I found in my file
> c:Users/lewcr/AppData/Roaming/message-20231009-125408 --
> lewcremaceary@cs.com. If you look in the logs for this address, I
> think you will find my report.

There is no hit for the string "lewcremaceary" in the debbugs mailman
logs. However, not all logs are based on email address. But all of them
trace the Message-ID. So for a better search I need the Message-ID of a
lost message.

> Thanks -- Lew

Best regards, Michael.

@ 2024-01-10 18:07       ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2024-01-10 18:07 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Albinus; +Cc: Lewis Creary, Eli Zaretskii, 66474-done

> Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:
>
> Hi Lewis,
>
>>> Several days ago I reported bug in Gnu emacs using the M-x report-emacs-bug command, but have
>>> received no response, contrary to the stated emacs policy of responding to such reports within a day
>>> or so.  Did you receive my report, or should I send it again?
>>
>> Please tell more about the bug you sent: its Subject, or the actual
>> report, or some other information we could use to try to find your
>> report in the bug database.  I tried searching using your name, but
>> couldn't find anything.
>>
>> Did you receive an automated response from the bug-tracker with a bug
>> number?  If not, maybe your report was classified as spam for some
>> reason.
>
> I've checked the mailman logs on debbugs.gnu.org. The only reference for
> lewcreary@cs.com, your email address, is
>
> Oct 11 22:24:35 2023 (746) post to debbugs-submit from lewcreary@cs.com, size=7466, message-id=<1965688274.4309065.1697077337578@mail.yahoo.com>, success
>
> This is the message which has arrived for *this* report,
> bug#66474. However, the logs show only accepted messages. If a message
> is discarded by a moderator, we won't see it in the logs, and you won't
> receive an information about.
>
> I recommend you re-submit your bug report. In parallel you might send me
> a note containing the complete sent message, including all headers.
>
> Best regards, Michael.

I hope that helped, in any case this is not a bug in Emacs itself so I'm
closing the bug report now.