all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#63054: Input Event <nil>, undocumented?
@ 2023-04-24 16:08 Shynur Xie
From: Shynur Xie @ 2023-04-24 16:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 63054

See <https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/76952> posted
by me.

In short, rolling mouse-wheel when the mouse pointer is over some
specific UI element leads to an input event started by <nil>.

I don't know what's that, and Emacs behaves differently on different OSes.

--
shynur

* bug#63054: Input Event <nil>, undocumented?
@ 2023-04-24 16:29 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-04-24 16:29 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Shynur Xie; +Cc: 63054

tags 63054 notabug
thanks

> From: Shynur Xie <one.last.kiss@outlook.com>
> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 16:08:43 +0000
> msip_labels:
>
> See <https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/76952> posted
> by me.
>
> In short, rolling mouse-wheel when the mouse pointer is over some
> specific UI element leads to an input event started by <nil>.
>
> I don't know what's that, and Emacs behaves differently on different OSes.

It simply means mouse-wheel is undefined there.

It's a feature, not a bug.  Don't believe everyone who writes
something on SE.

* bug#63054: Input Event <nil>, undocumented?
@ 2023-04-24 16:33   ` Drew Adams
From: Drew Adams @ 2023-04-24 16:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii, Shynur Xie; +Cc: 63054@debbugs.gnu.org

> It simply means mouse-wheel is undefined there.
>
> It's a feature, not a bug.  Don't believe everyone who writes
> something on SE.

How about documenting the "<nil>" description?

* bug#63054: Input Event <nil>, undocumented?
@ 2023-04-24 18:30     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-04-24 18:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Drew Adams; +Cc: one.last.kiss, 63054

> From: Drew Adams <drew.adams@oracle.com>
> CC: "63054@debbugs.gnu.org" <63054@debbugs.gnu.org>
> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 16:33:23 +0000
>
> > It simply means mouse-wheel is undefined there.
> >
> > It's a feature, not a bug.  Don't believe everyone who writes
> > something on SE.
>
> How about documenting the "<nil>" description?

I see no need.

* bug#63054: Input Event <nil>, undocumented?
@ 2023-09-03 10:35   ` Stefan Kangas
From: Stefan Kangas @ 2023-09-03 10:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: 63054-done, Shynur Xie

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> tags 63054 notabug
> thanks
>
>> From: Shynur Xie <one.last.kiss@outlook.com>
>> Date: Mon, 24 Apr 2023 16:08:43 +0000
>> msip_labels:
>>
>> See <https://emacs.stackexchange.com/questions/76952> posted
>> by me.
>>
>> In short, rolling mouse-wheel when the mouse pointer is over some
>> specific UI element leads to an input event started by <nil>.
>>
>> I don't know what's that, and Emacs behaves differently on different OSes.
>
> It simply means mouse-wheel is undefined there.
>
> It's a feature, not a bug.  Don't believe everyone who writes
> something on SE.

I'm therefore closing this bug report.