all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Just a notification about some impressive package (el-easydraw/edraw)
@ 2023-01-18  9:49 dalanicolai
From: dalanicolai @ 2023-01-18  9:49 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emacs Devel

Hello you all,

I was just wondering if anyone here is aware of the el-easydraw
<https://github.com/misohena/el-easydraw> package, a quite
beautiful (svg) drawing editor for org-mode. I could not find any mention
of it
in this list (although it has been starred already quite a number of times,
I am
anyway not sure about how well known it is).

Currently, my only reason for this message is to attend the ones who are
interested on this quite beautiful package.

(I thought it would be nice to get this to ELPA or non-GNU ELPA, and I have
already messaged the author to ask him if he would be interested. You can
read
his answer here <https://github.com/misohena/el-easydraw>, below the
Japanse, if you are interested. It looks to me that
he would not have much of a problem with that, but that he does not want to
take
the burden of maintenance, for one of the reasons that English is very
difficult
for him. Anyway, he is still developing, so I guess let's wait a little.)

* Re: Just a notification about some impressive package (el-easydraw/edraw)
@ 2023-01-18 15:33 ` Michael Heerdegen
From: Michael Heerdegen @ 2023-01-18 15:33 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

dalanicolai <dalanicolai@gmail.com> writes:

> I was just wondering if anyone here is aware of the el-easydraw
> package, a quite beautiful (svg) drawing editor for org-mode. I could
> not find any mention of it in this list (although it has been starred
> already quite a number of times, I am anyway not sure about how well
> known it is).

This looks definitely nice and useful.

Michael.

* Re: Just a notification about some impressive package (el-easydraw/edraw)
@ 2023-01-18 17:09 ` Stephen Berman
From: Stephen Berman @ 2023-01-18 17:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: dalanicolai; +Cc: Emacs Devel

On Wed, 18 Jan 2023 10:49:19 +0100 dalanicolai <dalanicolai@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hello you all,
>
> I was just wondering if anyone here is aware of the el-easydraw
> <https://github.com/misohena/el-easydraw> package, a quite beautiful
> (svg) drawing editor for org-mode. I could not find any mention of it
> in this list (although it has been starred already quite a number of
> times, I am anyway not sure about how well known it is).

As it happens, it was mentioned here just a few days ago (see
https://lists.gnu.org/archive/html/emacs-devel/2023-01/msg00237.html and
followups two days later).

By the way, you can use it without Org mode, the README file from the
package has a fully working code example for inserting an editor into
an arbitrary buffer.

I agree, after brief testing, that it looks very nice.

Steve Berman

* Re: Just a notification about some impressive package (el-easydraw/edraw)
@ 2023-01-18 17:23   ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2023-01-18 17:23 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Michael Heerdegen; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Wed, Jan 18, 2023 at 04:33:23PM +0100, Michael Heerdegen wrote:
> dalanicolai <dalanicolai@gmail.com> writes:
>
> > I was just wondering if anyone here is aware of the el-easydraw
> > package, a quite beautiful (svg) drawing editor for org-mode. I could
> > not find any mention of it in this list (although it has been starred
> > already quite a number of times, I am anyway not sure about how well
> > known it is).
>
> This looks definitely nice and useful.

This has been going around in emacs-devel too. Here's a non-github link:

  https://misohena.jp/blog/2021-09-21-emacs-easy-draw.html

Cheers

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Just a notification about some impressive package (el-easydraw/edraw)
@ 2023-01-23 12:06     ` dalanicolai
From: dalanicolai @ 2023-01-23 12:06 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: tomas; +Cc: Michael Heerdegen, emacs-devel