all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ORG Agenda on startup
@ 2023-03-30  9:24 Charalampos Mitrodimas
From: Charalampos Mitrodimas @ 2023-03-30  9:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Hi,

Is there a way to replace Emacs initial buffer with a buffer containing
a list of your ORG TODOs?

--
Charalampos Mitrodimas

* Re: ORG Agenda on startup
@ 2023-03-30  9:43 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-03-30  9:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charalampos Mitrodimas; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Charalampos Mitrodimas <charmitro@gmail.com>
> Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:24:37 +0300
>
> Is there a way to replace Emacs initial buffer with a buffer containing
> a list of your ORG TODOs?

Did you try using the variable initial-buffer-choice?

* Re: ORG Agenda on startup
@ 2023-03-30  9:56   ` Charalampos Mitrodimas
From: Charalampos Mitrodimas @ 2023-03-30  9:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

> > From: Charalampos Mitrodimas <charmitro@gmail.com>
> > Date: Thu, 30 Mar 2023 12:24:37 +0300
> >
> > Is there a way to replace Emacs initial buffer with a buffer containing
> > a list of your ORG TODOs?
>
> Did you try using the variable initial-buffer-choice?

Yes, thank you. Pasting the line of code that does it, in case someone
else needs it,
     (setq initial-buffer-choice 'org-todo-list)

* Re: ORG Agenda on startup
@ 2023-04-07  5:30 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2023-04-07  5:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Charalampos Mitrodimas; +Cc: emacs-devel

* Charalampos Mitrodimas <charmitro@gmail.com> [2023-03-30 12:26]:
> Hi,
>
> Is there a way to replace Emacs initial buffer with a buffer containing
> a list of your ORG TODOs?

For my private, non-Org agenda, I am showing agenda every number of
seconds when Emacs is idle. This way when I come back to computer, I
get reminded.

;;; Hyperscope Agenda
(hyperscope-agenda-display-with-idle-timer)

(defvar hyperscope-agenda-timer nil
  "Hyperscope Agenda timer.")

(defun hyperscope-agenda-display-with-idle-timer ()
  "Display Hyperscope Agenda with idle timer."
  (unless hyperscope-agenda-timer
    (setq hyperscope-agenda-timer
	  (run-with-idle-timer
	   hyperscope-agenda-show-every-seconds t