all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* ignored-return-value warning for `delq` and `delete`
@ 2023-05-18 15:27 Mattias Engdegård
From: Mattias Engdegård @ 2023-05-18 15:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

Now, on master, the byte-compiler will warn about calls to `delq` and `delete` that do not use their return value. The warning (from bug#61730) has been proven successful for other functions but it is still unclear whether we should enable it for these two, so this is an attempt to find out.

Apart from your help in fixing dodgy code that comes to light through this warning, I'd appreciate if you would try compiling Elisp code outside the Emacs tree to give us more information about whether activating it for `delete` and `delq` is more a help or nuisance.

It's an experiment. If it isn't useful, it will be reverted.

only message in thread, other threads:[~2023-05-18 15:27 UTC | newest]