all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* python-docstring debugging
@ 2022-09-07  0:14 Nick Urbanik
From: Nick Urbanik @ 2022-09-07  0:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Dear Folks,

I have a problem with python-docstring; when I press M-q, the first
""" is replaced with the digit 8 followed by some newlines.

Is this the appropriate place to discuss how to debug the package?

Is so, can anyone suggest ways of figuring out what is going on?
--
Nick Urbanik             http://nicku.org           nicku@nicku.org

* Re: python-docstring debugging
@ 2022-09-07  1:27 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-09-07  1:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Nick Urbanik wrote:

> I have a problem with python-docstring

What's that, a mode?

> when I press M-q, the first """ is replaced with the digit 8
> followed by some newlines.

What command/function is that, if you do do C-h k M-q ?

> Is this the appropriate place to discuss how to debug
> the package?

Why ever not if it's Emacs ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: python-docstring debugging
@ 2022-09-07 15:55 ` Daniel Fleischer
From: Daniel Fleischer @ 2022-09-07 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Nick Urbanik; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Nick Urbanik [2022-09-07 Wed 10:14] wrote:

> I have a problem with python-docstring; when I press M-q, the first
> """ is replaced with the digit 8 followed by some newlines.

Start with the basics: what is the command that is being run by M-q?
What kind of python packages do you have? Can you reproduce this with a
vanilla configuration, i.e. starting with `emacs -Q`? I wasn't able to
reproduce this.

--
Daniel Fleischer