all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* autorepeat behavior in emacs 28.2 running in WSL
@ 2022-10-12  0:51 cabbage--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: cabbage--- via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2022-10-12  0:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

When I would hold down a key for probably 660 ms it would repeat for many
minutes making emacs unresponsive. I finally tried xset r off and now, holding
down a key still autorepeats, but doesn't make emacs unresponsive.

Where does that come from? I might want the autorepeat behavior at some point.
I'd like to be able to restore it in X and not have emacs go bananas.