all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Org-mode: toggle between source block and its results
@ 2023-02-06 17:55 Jonas Damm
From: Jonas Damm @ 2023-02-06 17:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hi, I would like to make a presentation about music in org-present.
I want to show musical lilypond snippets, but I don't want the source
block itself to show. Is it possible to toggle visablitly of the
source block and its results?

Thanks

* Re: Org-mode: toggle between source block and its results
@ 2023-02-06 18:25 ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2023-02-06 18:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Damm; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Jonas Damm <emails@jonas-damm.de> writes:

> Hi, I would like to make a presentation about music in org-present.
> I want to show musical lilypond snippets, but I don't want the source
> block itself to show. Is it possible to toggle visablitly of the
> source block and its results?

I don't know org-present.  But did you realise that you can fold source
blocks, so that they might be not as annoying for you as unfolded?

        Dieter

--
Best wishes
H. Dieter Wilhelm

* Re: Org-mode: toggle between source block and its results
@ 2023-02-07  8:51   ` Jonas Damm
From: Jonas Damm @ 2023-02-07  8:51 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Dieter Wilhelm; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Yes,
I know that, but that still leaves an empty line. I thought maybe there
is a toggle between source and its results.
Thank you.

Jonas

@ 2023-02-07 10:05 ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2023-02-07 10:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Damm; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

* Jonas Damm <emails@jonas-damm.de> [2023-02-06 21:03]:
> Hi, I would like to make a presentation about music in org-present.
> I want to show musical lilypond snippets, but I don't want the source
> block itself to show. Is it possible to toggle visablitly of the
> source block and its results?

Here is one possible solution:
(info "(org) Blocks") <-- evaluate

which implies you would then export "visible only".

I have tried it this way:

#+STARTUP: hideblocks
#+STARTUP: nohideblocks

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
(message "Hello")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: Hello

And I could see only result, and not the block.

--
Jean

https://www.fsf.org/campaigns

In support of Richard M. Stallman
https://stallmansupport.org/

* Re: Org-mode: toggle between source block and its results
@ 2023-02-07 17:27     ` H. Dieter Wilhelm
From: H. Dieter Wilhelm @ 2023-02-07 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Damm; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Sorry I don't get "toggle between source and...". Maybe you should better ask on the org-mode mailing list.. :-)

  Dieter

@ 2023-02-07 18:39       ` Bruno Barbier
From: Bruno Barbier @ 2023-02-07 18:39 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: H. Dieter Wilhelm, Jonas Damm; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

"H. Dieter Wilhelm" <dieter@duenenhof-wilhelm.de> writes:

> Sorry I don't get "toggle between source and...". Maybe you should better ask on the org-mode mailing list.. :-)

It looks like this request/issue, on the org-present package devel site:
   https://github.com/rlister/org-present/issues/28

Bruno

* Re: Org-mode: toggle between source block and its results
@ 2023-02-08  5:22   ` tomas
From: tomas @ 2023-02-08  5:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs; +Cc: Jonas Damm

On Tue, Feb 07, 2023 at 01:05:05PM +0300, Jean Louis wrote:
> * Jonas Damm <emails@jonas-damm.de> [2023-02-06 21:03]:
> > Hi, I would like to make a presentation about music in org-present.

[...]

> Here is one possible solution:
> (info "(org) Blocks") <-- evaluate
>
> which implies you would then export "visible only".

AFAIK, OP was talking about org-present. Has nothing to do
with export.

Cheers

[-- Attachment #2: signature.asc --]

* Re: Org-mode: toggle between source block and its results
@ 2023-02-08  8:08         ` Jonas Damm
From: Jonas Damm @ 2023-02-08  8:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Bruno Barbier; +Cc: H. Dieter Wilhelm, help-gnu-emacs

Yes indeed.
I guess there is no way.
Thanks anyway!

@ 2023-02-08  8:19   ` Jonas Damm
From: Jonas Damm @ 2023-02-08  8:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Thank you for this advice. For some reason it does not work for me
though..
Attached is my example presentation, if you want to try that.

Jonas

[-- Attachment #2: Example --]
[-- Type: application/vnd.lotus-organizer, Size: 368 bytes --]

@ 2023-02-08 20:18     ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2023-02-08 20:18 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Damm; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

* Jonas Damm <emails@jonas-damm.de> [2023-02-08 11:21]:
> > * Jonas Damm <emails@jonas-damm.de> [2023-02-06 21:03]:
> >> Hi, I would like to make a presentation about music in org-present.
> >> I want to show musical lilypond snippets, but I don't want the source
> >> block itself to show. Is it possible to toggle visablitly of the
> >> source block and its results?

Help me, and tell me, how to export lilypond? I got the software, but
the Org block is not exporting it, do you use some package for it?

Then I can test it.

--

@ 2023-02-08 20:25           ` Jean Louis
From: Jean Louis @ 2023-02-08 20:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Damm; +Cc: Bruno Barbier, H. Dieter Wilhelm, help-gnu-emacs

* Jonas Damm <emails@jonas-damm.de> [2023-02-08 11:10]:
> Yes indeed.
> I guess there is no way.

There is way, do not give up too early.

You basically want to show the exported picture, right? But not the
source block?

I cannot handle lilypond, but I can handle emacs-lisp code block, see
below, and try doing same for lilypond, observe ":exports results"

#+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :exports results
(message "Hello")
#+END_SRC

#+RESULTS:
: Hello

Because you only had this:

#+begin_src lilypond :file notes.png

but how about this:

#+begin_src lilypond :file notes.png :exports results

so try it with that line, as I can't try it, I am missing packages
that you may have.

--

@ 2023-02-09  7:02             ` Jonas Damm
From: Jonas Damm @ 2023-02-09  7:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: Bruno Barbier, H. Dieter Wilhelm, help-gnu-emacs

Thanks,

I modified it, as you suggested.
Nothing changed though. What is to be expected excactly? Should the
source block be collapsed, directly after opening the file?

This is what I tried:

#+STARTUP: hideblocks
#+TITLE: Gitarre und Rhythmus

Willkommen!

#+begin_src emacs-lisp :exports results

  (message "hello")

#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
: hello

* Rhythmus Notation

** Mehr Beispiele

@ 2023-02-09  7:10       ` Jonas Damm
From: Jonas Damm @ 2023-02-09  7:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jean Louis; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

Maybe you need this, for org-babel to recognize the source block:

(with-eval-after-load 'org
    (org-babel-do-load-languages
        'org-babel-load-languages
        '((emacs-lisp . t)
          (lilypond . t)
          (python . t)))

    (push '("conf-unix" . conf-unix) org-src-lang-modes))

I also have this in my config:

(setq load-path (append (list (expand-file-name "/usr/share/emacs/site-lisp")) load-path))

  (autoload 'LilyPond-mode "lilypond-mode")
  (setq auto-mode-alist
        (cons '("\\.ly$" . LilyPond-mode) auto-mode-alist))

  (add-hook 'LilyPond-mode-hook (lambda () (turn-on-font-lock)))