all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: master dcd551d6c85: New global minor mode `kill-ring-deindent-mode'
@ 2023-08-11 11:45 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-08-11 11:45 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Thanks for adding this feature, but I think it should not be in
simple.el.  There's no reason to have this preloaded together with the
rest of stuff in simple.el.  We should instead make this autoloaded,
so that it is only loaded when actually activated.

* Re: master dcd551d6c85: New global minor mode `kill-ring-deindent-mode'
@ 2023-08-11 12:32 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2023-08-11 12:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: emacs-devel

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

> Thanks for adding this feature, but I think it should not be in
> simple.el.  There's no reason to have this preloaded together with the
> rest of stuff in simple.el.  We should instead make this autoloaded,
> so that it is only loaded when actually activated.

I will do this tomorrow.  Thanks for the reminder -- I'd originally
placed it there to keep it in proximity with the kill ring code.