all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* HowTo: Have EWW hand-off audio/video to an Emacs function
@ 2022-10-12 15:55 T.V Raman
       [not found] ` <87wn959fd4.fsf@gnus.org>
From: T.V Raman @ 2022-10-12 15:55 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs

Subject line mostly says it all; as one of those atypical users who
does *everything* in emacs, one small EWW annoyance is that it
displays an unsupported content-type message for media urls; would it
be possible (perhaps it already is?) to optionally configure EWW to
hand those URLs  off to a user specified elisp handler?

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

♉ Id: kg:/m/0285kf1  🦮

* Re: HowTo: Have EWW hand-off audio/video to an Emacs function
       [not found] ` <87wn959fd4.fsf@gnus.org>
@ 2022-10-12 17:27   ` T.V Raman
       [not found]   ` <25414.63390.772990.724150@google.com>
From: T.V Raman @ 2022-10-12 17:27 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: larsi; +Cc: raman, emacs

shr-external-rendering-functions is useful for specifying how to
handle an<audio> tag for example.

I'm looking for a way to specify that  a link that say has a .mp3 at
the end gets handed off to a user-customizable function.

@ 2022-10-12 17:30     ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2022-10-12 17:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: T.V Raman; +Cc: emacs-devel

"T.V Raman" <raman@google.com> writes:

> shr-external-rendering-functions is useful for specifying how to
> handle an<audio> tag for example.
>
> I'm looking for a way to specify that  a link that say has a .mp3 at
> the end gets handed off to a user-customizable function.

You can use `eww-use-browse-url', for instance?  And then use
`browse-url-default-handlers' to do further dispatch.