all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Re: scratch/igc 956097054f2 1/3: Fix scroll bars for GTK
       [not found] ` <20240505075752.7F6BAC2BC91@vcs2.savannah.gnu.org>
@ 2024-05-05  8:25   ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-05-05  8:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel; +Cc: Helmut Eller

Gerd Moellmann <gerd@gnu.org> writes:

> +#ifdef HAVE_MPS
> +  // FIXME: can use exact reference
> +  struct scroll_bar **bar_cell =
> +    igc_xzalloc_ambig (sizeof (struct scroll_bar*));
> +  bar_cell[0] = bar;

[...]

>  #ifdef HAVE_MPS
> +  // FIXME: use exact references
>    dpyinfo->devices = igc_xzalloc_ambig (sizeof *dpyinfo->devices * ndevices);

[...]

>  #ifdef HAVE_MPS
> +  // FIXME: use exact references
>    devices = igc_xzalloc_ambig (sizeof *devices * dpyinfo->num_devices);

[...]

> +#ifdef HAVE_MPS
> +  struct scroll_bar** bar_cell = user_data;
> +  bar = *bar_cell;

[...]

>  #ifdef HAVE_MPS
> +  // FIXME: use exact references
>    dpyinfo = igc_xzalloc_ambig (sizeof *dpyinfo);

Helmut, I understand that this is a scratch branch where standards are
significantly relaxed, but observing our coding conventions now will
relieve us of plenty of needless toil when the time comes to merge it.
Please avoid C++-style comments, break the assignment operator rather
than its RHS, place asterisks against identifiers, not the types which
they modify, and maintain lines within the 80 column limit as best you
can.

Thanks.

* Re: scratch/igc 956097054f2 1/3: Fix scroll bars for GTK
@ 2024-05-05  8:47     ` Helmut Eller
From: Helmut Eller @ 2024-05-05  8:47 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu; +Cc: emacs-devel

On Sun, May 05 2024, Po Lu wrote:

> Helmut, I understand that this is a scratch branch where standards are
> significantly relaxed, but observing our coding conventions now will
> relieve us of plenty of needless toil when the time comes to merge it.
> Please avoid C++-style comments,

I thought C99 is allowed.  It would be easier if compiler switches were
configured so that one hasn't to remember all those rules.

> break the assignment operator rather
> than its RHS, place asterisks against identifiers, not the types which
> they modify, and maintain lines within the 80 column limit as best you
> can.

Is there a tool like clang-format, that I could put in the
before-save-hook that get the formatting and line breaks right?

* Re: scratch/igc 956097054f2 1/3: Fix scroll bars for GTK
@ 2024-05-05  9:09       ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2024-05-05  9:09 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Helmut Eller; +Cc: emacs-devel

Helmut Eller <eller.helmut@gmail.com> writes:

> I thought C99 is allowed.

C99 is, but C++-style comments are not.

> Is there a tool like clang-format, that I could put in the
> before-save-hook that get the formatting and line breaks right?

I don't know.