all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#14359: read-from-minibuffer to respect standard-input
@ 2013-05-07  7:26 Glenn Morris
From: Glenn Morris @ 2013-05-07  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 14359

Package: emacs
Version: 24.3
Severity: wishlist

read-from-minibuffer doesn't seem to respect standard-input != t.
It's probably not supposed to, but it might be nice if it did, so
that batch tests could be written for read-number etc.
(It seems that it does read from stdin if noninteractive.)

* bug#14359: read-from-minibuffer to respect standard-input
@ 2022-05-10 13:38 ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2022-05-10 13:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 14359

Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:

> read-from-minibuffer doesn't seem to respect standard-input != t.
> It's probably not supposed to, but it might be nice if it did, so
> that batch tests could be written for read-number etc.
> (It seems that it does read from stdin if noninteractive.)

I'm probably missing something, but wouldn't you just stub out
read-from-minibuffer if you want to test read-number from ert?

* bug#14359: read-from-minibuffer to respect standard-input
@ 2022-06-09 14:11   ` Lars Ingebrigtsen
From: Lars Ingebrigtsen @ 2022-06-09 14:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Glenn Morris; +Cc: 14359

> Glenn Morris <rgm@gnu.org> writes:
>
>> read-from-minibuffer doesn't seem to respect standard-input != t.
>> It's probably not supposed to, but it might be nice if it did, so
>> that batch tests could be written for read-number etc.
>> (It seems that it does read from stdin if noninteractive.)
>
> I'm probably missing something, but wouldn't you just stub out
> read-from-minibuffer if you want to test read-number from ert?

No response in a month, so I'm going to go ahead and guess that my
suggestion would fit the purpose, and I'm closing this bug report.