all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Elisp manual in Epub format
@ 2022-10-27 19:57 John Haman
From: John Haman @ 2022-10-27 19:57 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Does anyone have a copy of the Elisp manual <https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/elisp.html> in Epub format? If so, please send it my way.

-John

* Re: Elisp manual in Epub format
@ 2022-10-27 20:15 ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-10-27 20:15 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

John Haman wrote:

> Does anyone have a copy of the Elisp manual
> <https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/elisp.html> in
> Epub format? If so, please send it my way.

Hm, aren't all others converted from (GNU) Texinfo, so why not
Epub as wellisp ...

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: Elisp manual in Epub format
@ 2022-10-28  9:11 ` Colin Baxter
From: Colin Baxter @ 2022-10-28  9:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: John Haman; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

    > Does anyone have a copy of the Elisp manual

Assuming you have pandoc then command "pandoc -o elisp.epub elisp.html
<RET>" will generate the epub.

> <https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/elisp.html>

This URL looks like the "one page per node". You will need the html that
gives the whole file entirely on one web page. You might also want to
download a graphic, e.g. `/graphics/gnu-head-sm.jpg'.

Best wishes,

* Re: Elisp manual in Epub format
@ 2022-10-28 15:11   ` John Yates
From: John Yates @ 2022-10-28 15:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 10:14 AM Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> wrote:

> Hm, aren't all others converted from (GNU) Texinfo, so why not
> Epub as wellisp ...

Does this help?  https://github.com/jlhg/texinfo2epub

* Re: Elisp manual in Epub format
@ 2022-10-28 15:30     ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2022-10-28 15:30 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: John Yates <john@yates-sheets.org>
> Date: Fri, 28 Oct 2022 11:11:45 -0400
>
> On Fri, Oct 28, 2022 at 10:14 AM Emanuel Berg <incal@dataswamp.org> wrote:
> >
> > Hm, aren't all others converted from (GNU) Texinfo, so why not
> > Epub as wellisp ...
>
> Does this help?  https://github.com/jlhg/texinfo2epub

If someone looks for a processor to produce EPUB from Texinfo, they
should check out the latest Texinfo (a pretest is available).  It
supports producing EPUB output right OOTB.

* Re: Elisp manual in Epub format
@ 2022-10-29 13:11   ` John Haman
From: John Haman @ 2022-10-29 13:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: m43cap; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On 10/28/22 5:11 AM, Colin Baxter wrote:

> Assuming you have pandoc then command "pandoc -o elisp.epub elisp.html
> <RET>" will generate the epub.

I had some time to try this today, and I found that my pandoc
installation is misbehaving.  I will try to fix/reinstall the program,
and try again.

If you need to reach me, please include me in your message header as
Colin did, because I don't subscribe to this list.

--
Dr. John Haman

* Re: Elisp manual in Epub format
@ 2022-10-30 12:59     ` Emanuel Berg
From: Emanuel Berg @ 2022-10-30 12:59 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

John Yates wrote:

>> Hm, aren't all others converted from (GNU) Texinfo, so why
>> not Epub [...]
>
> Does this help? https://github.com/jlhg/texinfo2epub

Looks like it ...