all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
From: Bob Newell <bobnewell@bobnewell.net>
To: emacs-devel@gnu.org
Subject: Re: Goodbye to Thien-Thi Nguyen
Date: Tue, 12 Sep 2023 13:26:44 -1000	[thread overview]

Indeed sad news, and I am very sorry to hear this.  I wondered
what happened to Gnuvola, and unfortunately now I know.

TTN was not a "he" but a "she" as far as I know.  Certainly
this is attested to by her name.  In Viet Nam the middle name
"Thi" is given to women.  For men it would have been "Van".
Given that last names come first in that country, she would be
called Nguyen Thi Thien.

RIP, TTN.  Your unique humor and many contributions will be
missed.  You couldn't have been very old and your passing is a
loss to us all.

--
Bob Newell
Honolulu, Hawai`i