all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Clarification about Rmail over SSL
@ 2024-04-22 19:32 BP25
From: BP25 @ 2024-04-22 19:32 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

The manual says:

Mailutils movemail supports TLS encryption. If you wish to use it, add
the ‘--tls’ flag to rmail-movemail-flags.

But then what's the difference with setting pop3-stream-type to 'ssl ,
or even simply using the remote mailbox url pops:// ?

* Re: Clarification about Rmail over SSL
@ 2024-04-23  6:43 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2024-04-23  6:43 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

> From: BP25 <bp25@riseup.net>
> Date: Mon, 22 Apr 2024 20:32:46 +0100
>
> The manual says:

> Mailutils movemail supports TLS encryption. If you wish to use it, add
> the ‘--tls’ flag to rmail-movemail-flags.
>
> But then what's the difference with setting pop3-stream-type to 'ssl ,
> or even simply using the remote mailbox url pops:// ?

Are you using pop3.el for fetching email?  Or are you using the
'movemail' program (from Mailutils, I presume)?  I think
pop3-stream-type is only relevant if you use pop3.el.