all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Online HTML manuals for Emacs missing important CSS
@ 2023-04-02 13:10 Gavin Smith
From: Gavin Smith @ 2023-04-02 13:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

See for example:

https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/emacs/Misc-X.html#index-_002d_002dbasic_002ddisplay.
https://www.gnu.org/software/emacs/manual/html_node/elisp/Choosing-Window-Options.html

There are ¶ (pilcrow) symbols visible indicating copiable links.

texi2any outputs CSS rules to hide these unless the users moves their
mouse pointer over the text:

a.copiable-link {visibility: hidden; text-decoration: none; line-height: 0em}
span:hover a.copiable-link {visibility: visible}

However, these rules are missing.  Presumably they are removed when
the Emacs manuals are built for the web.

Could I suggest that either these CSS rules not be removed, or that
they be included in the "manual.css" file referenced by these pages?

* Re: Online HTML manuals for Emacs missing important CSS
@ 2023-04-02 18:01 ` Yuri Khan
From: Yuri Khan @ 2023-04-02 18:01 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gavin Smith; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Sun, 2 Apr 2023 at 20:11, Gavin Smith <gavinsmith0123@gmail.com> wrote:

> There are ś (pilcrow) symbols visible indicating copiable links.
>
> texi2any outputs CSS rules to hide these unless the users moves their
> mouse pointer over the text:
>
> a.copiable-link {visibility: hidden; text-decoration: none; line-height: 0em}
> span:hover a.copiable-link {visibility: visible}

How do these rules behave on mobile browsers where there is no mouse?

* Re: Online HTML manuals for Emacs missing important CSS
@ 2023-04-02 19:22   ` Gavin Smith
From: Gavin Smith @ 2023-04-02 19:22 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Yuri Khan; +Cc: help-gnu-emacs

On Mon, Apr 03, 2023 at 01:01:47AM +0700, Yuri Khan wrote:
> On Sun, 2 Apr 2023 at 20:11, Gavin Smith <gavinsmith0123@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> > There are ś (pilcrow) symbols visible indicating copiable links.
> >
> > texi2any outputs CSS rules to hide these unless the users moves their
> > mouse pointer over the text:
> >
> > a.copiable-link {visibility: hidden; text-decoration: none; line-height: 0em}
> > span:hover a.copiable-link {visibility: visible}
>
> How do these rules behave on mobile browsers where there is no mouse?

I've just tested it with Brave 1.49.132 on Android 8.1.0 and it appears
that the links appear when you tap on the text they are next to.
They disappear when you tap elsewhere on the page.

* Re: Online HTML manuals for Emacs missing important CSS
@ 2023-04-03  9:10     ` Arsen Arsenović
From: Arsen Arsenović @ 2023-04-03  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Gavin Smith; +Cc: Yuri Khan, help-gnu-emacs