all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* [GNU ELPA] Cobol-Mode version 1.1
@ 2022-08-29 21:02 ELPA update
From: ELPA update @ 2022-08-29 21:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-emacs-sources; +Cc: nil

Version 1.1 of package Cobol-Mode has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x package-list RET.

Cobol-Mode describes itself as:
  Mode for editing COBOL code

More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/cobol-mode.html

Recent NEWS:

- A new submenu for skeletons.
- cobol-mode is now orphaned :-(
  We're looking for a generous soul willing to give it loving care.

* [GNU ELPA] Cobol-Mode version 1.1
@ 2024-03-31  9:10 ELPA update
From: ELPA update @ 2024-03-31  9:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: gnu-emacs-sources; +Cc: nil

Version 1.1 of package Cobol-Mode has just been released in GNU ELPA.
You can now find it in M-x list-packages RET.

Cobol-Mode describes itself as:

  ===========================
  Mode for editing COBOL code
  ===========================

More at https://elpa.gnu.org/packages/cobol-mode.html

  This COBOL mode features syntax highlighting for most modern COBOL dialects,
  indentation, code skeletons, rulers, and basic formatting functions.
  Highlighting changes with the code format, which can be specified using the
  M-x customize menu.

  This file should not be confused with Rick Bielawski's cobol-mode.el
  (https://www.emacswiki.org/emacs/cobol-mode.el), which this mode attempts to
  supersede.

  Finally, I suggest installing auto-complete-mode, which makes typing
  long keywords and variable names a thing of the past.
  See https://github.com/auto-complete/auto-complete.

  Known bugs: