all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Tree-sitter modes for Awk and Objective-C
@ 2023-07-21  6:28 Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-07-21  6:28 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodor Thornhill, Yuan Fu; +Cc: emacs-devel

Guys,

We have most of the C-like languages covered with Tree-sitter
supported modes, and they all work well, AFAICT, But 2 modes remain
only available in CC Mode: Awk and Objective C.  Tree-sitter grammars
for those do exist.  Can we please finish the job by adding
*-ts-mode.el for these two languages?  That would allow users to edit
any of these languages (and we have them both in the Emacs source
tree) without loading CC Mode, something that today is impossible.

Could you please work on this?  TIA.

P.S. This is for the master branch, obviously, not for emacs-29.
P.P.S. And thanks again for the outstanding job with adding TS modes
and maintaining them for Emacs 29.

* Re: Tree-sitter modes for Awk and Objective-C
@ 2023-07-21  7:08 ` Theodor Thornhill
From: Theodor Thornhill @ 2023-07-21  7:08 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii, Yuan Fu; +Cc: emacs-devel

On 21 July 2023 08:28:37 CEST, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>Guys,
>
>We have most of the C-like languages covered with Tree-sitter
>supported modes, and they all work well, AFAICT, But 2 modes remain
>only available in CC Mode: Awk and Objective C.  Tree-sitter grammars
>for those do exist.  Can we please finish the job by adding
>*-ts-mode.el for these two languages?  That would allow users to edit
>any of these languages (and we have them both in the Emacs source
>tree) without loading CC Mode, something that today is impossible.
>
>Could you please work on this?  TIA.

Yep! I can add them in the coming days. I'll try to make indentation work as closely to default cc mode as possible.

>P.S. This is for the master branch, obviously, not for emacs-29.
>P.P.S. And thanks again for the outstanding job with adding TS modes
>and maintaining them for Emacs 29.

My pleasure :)

* Re: Tree-sitter modes for Awk and Objective-C
@ 2023-08-10  9:20   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-08-10  9:20 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodor Thornhill; +Cc: casouri, emacs-devel

Ping!  Any progress with this?

TIA

@ 2023-08-12 16:56     ` Theodor Thornhill
From: Theodor Thornhill @ 2023-08-12 16:56 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: casouri, emacs-devel

On 10 August 2023 11:20:26 CEST, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
>Ping!  Any progress with this?
>
>TIA

No not yet, but it's on my plan the coming week.

Thanks for the ping!

Theo

* Re: Tree-sitter modes for Awk and Objective-C
@ 2023-08-12 17:16       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-08-12 17:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodor Thornhill; +Cc: casouri, emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 18:56:23 +0200
> From: Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no>
> CC: casouri@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>

> On 10 August 2023 11:20:26 CEST, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> >Ping!  Any progress with this?
> >
> >TIA
>
> No not yet, but it's on my plan the coming week.

Great, thanks.

* Re: Tree-sitter modes for Awk and Objective-C
@ 2023-11-08 20:13       ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-11-08 20:13 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Theodor Thornhill; +Cc: casouri, emacs-devel

> Date: Sat, 12 Aug 2023 18:56:23 +0200
> From: Theodor Thornhill <theo@thornhill.no>
> CC: casouri@gmail.com, emacs-devel@gnu.org
>

> On 10 August 2023 11:20:26 CEST, Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> wrote:
> >Ping!  Any progress with this?
> >
> >TIA
>
> No not yet, but it's on my plan the coming week.

Hi,

Did you make any progress with this?