all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#66677: Missing documentation for multi-line Package-Requires
@ 2023-10-22 10:24 Jonas Bernoulli via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors
From: Jonas Bernoulli via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors @ 2023-10-22 10:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 66677

Hello,

Since bug#36301 Package-Requires can be split across multiple lines, but
info node `(elisp) Library Headers' still claims that this has to be fit
on a single line.

This works now:

;; Package-Requires: ((emacs "25.1")
;;                    (compat "29.1.4.1"))

as does

;; Package-Requires: (
;;     (emacs "25.1")
;;     (compat "29.1.4.1"))

I.e., some non-whitespace has to be placed on the same line as
"Package-Requires:".

     Cheers,
     Jonas

* bug#66677: Missing documentation for multi-line Package-Requires
  2023-10-22 10:24 bug#66677: Missing documentation for multi-line Package-Requires Jonas Bernoulli via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors
@ 2023-11-04  8:00 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-11-04  8:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Jonas Bernoulli; +Cc: 66677-done

> Date: Sun, 22 Oct 2023 12:24:39 +0200
> From:  Jonas Bernoulli via "Bug reports for GNU Emacs,
>  the Swiss army knife of text editors" <bug-gnu-emacs@gnu.org>
>
> Hello,
>
> Since bug#36301 Package-Requires can be split across multiple lines, but
> info node `(elisp) Library Headers' still claims that this has to be fit
> on a single line.
>
> This works now:
>
> ;; Package-Requires: ((emacs "25.1")
> ;;                    (compat "29.1.4.1"))
>
> as does
>
> ;; Package-Requires: (
> ;;     (emacs "25.1")
> ;;     (compat "29.1.4.1"))
>
> I.e., some non-whitespace has to be placed on the same line as
> "Package-Requires:".

Thanks, now fixed on the emacs-29 branch, and closing the bug.

* bug#66677: Missing documentation for multi-line Package-Requires
@ 2023-11-06 22:02   ` Jonas Bernoulli via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors
From: Jonas Bernoulli via Bug reports for GNU Emacs, the Swiss army knife of text editors @ 2023-11-06 22:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: 66677-done

Eli Zaretskii <eliz@gnu.org> writes:

>> Since bug#36301 Package-Requires can be split across multiple lines, but
>
> Thanks, now fixed on the emacs-29 branch, and closing the bug.

Thanks to you too!