all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Leak in selinux stuff?
       [not found] <87y1i7em8t.fsf.ref@yahoo.com>
@ 2023-08-19  3:37 ` Po Lu
From: Po Lu @ 2023-08-19  3:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: emacs-devel

fileio.c is littered with code like such:

          /* See https://debbugs.gnu.org/11245 for ENOTSUP.  */
	  if (fail && errno != ENOTSUP)
	    report_file_error ("Doing lsetfilecon", absname);

	  context_free (parsed_con);
	  freecon (con);

where `parsed_con' and `con' are allocated by libselinux functions by
the likes of `lgetfilecon'.  Around such code, no measures are
apparently taken for deallocating those objects should a non local exit
occur.  Am I missing anything, or should this be fixed?

* Re: Leak in selinux stuff?
@ 2023-08-19  7:26   ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-08-19  7:26 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Po Lu, Paul Eggert; +Cc: emacs-devel

> From: Po Lu <luangruo@yahoo.com>
> Date: Sat, 19 Aug 2023 11:37:06 +0800
>
> fileio.c is littered with code like such:
>
>           /* See https://debbugs.gnu.org/11245 for ENOTSUP.  */
> 	  if (fail && errno != ENOTSUP)
> 	    report_file_error ("Doing lsetfilecon", absname);
>
> 	  context_free (parsed_con);
> 	  freecon (con);
>
> where `parsed_con' and `con' are allocated by libselinux functions by
> the likes of `lgetfilecon'.  Around such code, no measures are
> apparently taken for deallocating those objects should a non local exit
> occur.  Am I missing anything, or should this be fixed?

IMO, they should either free the resources before signaling an error,
or use record_unwind_protect to free the allocated resources, yes.