all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* bug#61182: What is different about Emacs 29?
@ 2023-01-30 17:11 Juri Linkov
From: Juri Linkov @ 2023-01-30 17:11 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: 61182

In the GNU Emacs FAQ there is the node "What is different about Emacs 28?",
but not yet the node "What is different about Emacs 29?".  Should this node
be just the reverse copy of Antinews, i.e. Anti-Antinews?

* bug#61182: What is different about Emacs 29?
@ 2023-01-30 18:00 ` Eli Zaretskii
From: Eli Zaretskii @ 2023-01-30 18:00 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Juri Linkov; +Cc: 61182

> From: Juri Linkov <juri@linkov.net>
> Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2023 19:11:22 +0200
>
> In the GNU Emacs FAQ there is the node "What is different about Emacs 28?",
> but not yet the node "What is different about Emacs 29?".  Should this node
> be just the reverse copy of Antinews, i.e. Anti-Antinews?

More or less.  It doesn't have to list exactly the same items, though.

* bug#61182: What is different about Emacs 29?
@ 2023-02-01  5:02   ` Richard Stallman
From: Richard Stallman @ 2023-02-01  5:02 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Eli Zaretskii; +Cc: 61182, juri

  > > In the GNU Emacs FAQ there is the node "What is different about Emacs 28?",
  > > but not yet the node "What is different about Emacs 29?".  Should this node
  > > be just the reverse copy of Antinews, i.e. Anti-Antinews?

  > More or less.  It doesn't have to list exactly the same items, though.

This summary of Emacs 29 news should list helpful things for you to
know to use Emacs 29 based on an Emacs 28 manual.

The Emacs 28 Antinews describes things important for you to know
to use Emacs 28 based on an Emacs 29 manual.

It's the same kind of idea, but the details are different -- usually
there is no overlap.