all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* emacs-slack
@ 2021-10-07  2:35 Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-10-07  2:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Did anyone got it to work?

https://github.com/yuya373/emacs-slack

I got a token and all and did

  (require 'slack)

  (defun slack-init ()
    (slack-register-team
     :name                  "uppsalamakerspace"
     :token                  slack-token
     :subscribed-channels '((general lokalen random)) ))
  ;; (slack-init)

but then it says

[2021-10-07 04:27:37] [error] [...] An Error occur-ed while closing websocket connection: (wrong-type-argument websocket nil)
Failed to request slack-authorize: invalid_auth

Ideas?

TIA

--
underground experts united
https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: emacs-slack
@ 2021-10-07 12:38 ` Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2021-10-07 12:38 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg

Hey there,

Did you place the token in quotes within your Emacs config?

I ask because I got this working in my previous job, and remember this package being amazing. I wish they could make an MS Teams variant as this would have helped for my current job. Would recommend this as its pretty neat though you will have to somehow figure out how to get alerts, but there are a few packages like Sauron I believe that could do this.

Sincerely,

Sam

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021, at 2:35 AM, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
> Did anyone got it to work?
>
> https://github.com/yuya373/emacs-slack
>
> I got a token and all and did
>
>   (require 'slack)
>
>   (defun slack-init ()
>     (slack-register-team
>      :name                  "uppsalamakerspace"
>      :token                  slack-token
>      :subscribed-channels '((general lokalen random)) ))
>   ;; (slack-init)
>
> but then it says
>
> [2021-10-07 04:27:37] [error] [...] An Error occur-ed while closing websocket connection: (wrong-type-argument websocket nil)
> Failed to request slack-authorize: invalid_auth
>
> Ideas?
>
> TIA
>
> --
> underground experts united
> https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: emacs-slack
@ 2021-10-07 22:10   ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-10-07 22:10 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Samuel Banya wrote:

> Did you place the token in quotes within your Emacs config?

It looks like this! The token is extracted from ~/.authinfo
with

(setq local-slack-token
      (auth-source-pick-first-password
       :host "uppsalamakerspace.slack.com"
       :user "moasenwood@zoho.eu") )

and it looks like this:

  "x...3" (109 chars)

Compiles fine with no warnings.

;;; -*- lexical-binding: t -*-
;;;
;;; this file:
;;;   http://user.it.uu.se/~embe8573/emacs-init/slack-incal.el
;;;   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/emacs-init/slack-incal.el

(require 'slack)

(defvar local-slack-token)
(load "../passwords.el")

(defun slack-init ()
  (slack-register-team
   :name "uppsalamakerspace"
   :token local-slack-token
   :subscribed-channels '((general lokalen random)) ))
;; (slack-init) ; Failed to request slack-authorize: invalid_auth

--

@ 2021-10-07 22:16   ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-10-07 22:16 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

BTW if you or anyone else can help me ... that would be gold,
truly gold.

My mental/physical health is a disaster and has been for
several years but life can still be good if I just do the
right things, the right way ...

And fiddling with a smartphone trying to run a huge workshop
sometimes emplaning basic things over and over to people with
huge egos - you guessed it, that's the wrong thing, and in the
wrong way :)

  https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ums/

--

@ 2021-10-08  0:52     ` Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2021-10-08  0:52 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg

I don't have it in my config anymore, so I can't help as much as you would like.

However, as always, just search online for someone else's config to steal from:
https://ag91.github.io/blog/2020/08/14/slack-messages-in-your-org-agenda/
https://github.com/joseph8th/literatemacs

This looks like an alternative to check out as well:
https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/id7uxy/emacsslack_or_bitlbeeerc/
https://github.com/wee-slack/wee-slack

Good luck,

Sam

On Thu, Oct 7, 2021, at 10:16 PM, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
> BTW if you or anyone else can help me ... that would be gold,
> truly gold.
>
> My mental/physical health is a disaster and has been for
> several years but life can still be good if I just do the
> right things, the right way ...
>
> And fiddling with a smartphone trying to run a huge workshop
> sometimes emplaning basic things over and over to people with
> huge egos - you guessed it, that's the wrong thing, and in the
> wrong way :)
>
>   https://dataswamp.org/~incal/ums/
>
> --
> underground experts united
> https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: emacs-slack
@ 2021-10-12  5:35       ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-10-12  5:35 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Samuel Banya wrote:

> https://ag91.github.io/blog/2020/08/14/slack-messages-in-your-org-agenda/
> https://github.com/joseph8th/literatemacs
>
> https://www.reddit.com/r/emacs/comments/id7uxy/emacsslack_or_bitlbeeerc/

Did get anywhere or many I didn't get anything ... (If they
use `use-package' then I don't have that, even.)

> https://github.com/wee-slack/wee-slack

This works until one is supposed to do

  /slack register <code>

in weechat, if CODE is the token then it says Couldn't get
Slack OAuth token: invalid code

Maybe that is another version of the Elisp error message - if
so, bad since onee way should be used to communicate onee
situation ...

--

@ 2021-10-12 18:14       ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-10-12 18:14 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Maybe we approach this the wrong way ...

How does Slack work, even?

Can we create a "Team Emacs" and have people connect to that?

It could be used as a way of testing to get emacs-slack
to work, and we could then trim it down to a minimum ...

Wanna use emacs-slack? Try this Elisp and try it on Team
Emacs first. If it works, it should work for you ...

--

@ 2021-10-13 22:05       ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-10-13 22:05 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Samuel Banya wrote:

> https://github.com/joseph8th/literatemacs

What are these

  (client-id "XXXXXXXXXXXX.YYYYYYYYYYYYY")
  (client-secret "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ")

?

--

@ 2021-10-14 13:37         ` Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2021-10-14 13:37 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg

My biggest advice at this point if you couldn't figure it out from the other couple of links I sent you is to ask on IRC on Libera Chat's '#emacs' channel as someone probably has set this up before.

On Wed, Oct 13, 2021, at 10:05 PM, Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor wrote:
> Samuel Banya wrote:
>
> > https://github.com/joseph8th/literatemacs
>
> What are these
>
>   (client-id "XXXXXXXXXXXX.YYYYYYYYYYYYY")
>   (client-secret "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ")
>
> ?
>
> --
> underground experts united
> https://dataswamp.org/~incal

* Re: emacs-slack
@ 2021-10-14 16:25           ` Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor
From: Emanuel Berg via Users list for the GNU Emacs text editor @ 2021-10-14 16:25 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Samuel Banya wrote:

> My biggest advice at this point if you couldn't figure it
> out

One link gives me an error, the weechat method doesn't work
(don't know if that's the method per se or my token, which
I did acquire following a tutorial), then there is a version
of what I already did (which also didn't work), but you are
right tho I can't figure out how to use this

  (client-id "XXXXXXXXXXXX.YYYYYYYYYYYYY")
  (client-secret "ZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZZ")

or what it refers to, even.

> from the other couple of links I sent you is to ask on IRC
> on Libera Chat's '#emacs' channel as someone probably has
> set this up before.

Hm ... okay.

--

@ 2021-10-14 17:19             ` Samuel Banya
From: Samuel Banya @ 2021-10-14 17:19 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: Emanuel Berg

Gotcha, yeah I haven't done it in a while so I can't really help as much. I would recommend just lurking on that IRC channel until you can get someone who's done it before. Chances are there is someone who has. Its been a while. Anyway, good luck, shouldn't be too hard. I would recommend to use "Sauron" package for notifications though.