all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* python-mode.el vs. ipython
@ 2022-12-10 16:12 Neal Becker
From: Neal Becker @ 2022-12-10 16:12 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

I've been using python.el with ipython as subprocess for ages (C-c C-p from
python buffer).  I'm curious about python-mode.el, because it seems to offer
more features (or at least, more features on menus).  But it doesn't seem
that python-mode.el gets along with ipython.  If I try python-mode.el  and
start an ipython interpreter, as soon as I type a few characters into the
interpreter the screen splits and my cursor is moved into some some buffer
/tmp/xyxxx with a bunch of random code (I forgot if it was elisp).
I have
(setq      python-shell-interpreter-args "--simple-prompt -i")

Any ideas?

* Re: python-mode.el vs. ipython
@ 2022-12-14 13:24 ` Andreas Röhler
From: Andreas Röhler @ 2022-12-14 13:24 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Please consider a bug report at
https://gitlab.com/python-mode-devs/python-mode/-/issues

Please describe exactly which command was called.