all messages for Emacs-related lists mirrored at yhetil.org
* Running graphical applications from emacs
@ 2019-11-01 21:21 Felix Weilbach
From: Felix Weilbach @ 2019-11-01 21:21 UTC (permalink / raw)
  To: help-gnu-emacs

Hello,

if I try to run a graphical application like firefox from emacs with for
example shell-command or from shell, ehsell etc. I get the following error:

Unable to init server: Verbindung ist gescheitert: Verbindungsaufbau
abgelehnt

Error: cannot open display :1

The first error translated from german to english means Connection
failed: connection refused

If I open a normal shell and execute echo $DISPLAY, I get :0. However if
I execute the command in emacs with DISPLAY=:0 firefox, I get same error
Error: cannot open display :0.

I'm running on Arch Linux with KDE 5.17.2 on X11. My emacs version is
27.0.50.

Thanks in advance for any help with this problem.

Felix

only message in thread, other threads:[~2019-11-01 21:21 UTC | newest]